Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

sealants

Posted by mike lambert 
sealants
February 13, 2002 02:16AM
My wife and i have a small detail shop and we do everything from award winning show cars to mom's mini van. I would like to know if anyone has an opinion on which synthetic wax will give me the same results as blitz wax but i will give my customers a product that should last them longer
Re: sealants
February 13, 2002 02:31AM
The popular opinion on this forum seems to be (listed in the order I remember them)

Finish First
Zaino
Meguiars #20
Liquid Glass

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 13, 2002 09:40PM
thanks for your answer. i'll give them a try but i'm not a big meguirs fan with the exception of #40,which i use on tires ,wheelwells and exterior rubber .my only concern is clouding on german paint ,so i will strip my 540i,again, and try finish first. i always try products on our cars first.

thanks again
mike
the shine shop
Dan
February 13, 2002 10:34PM
You probably wont find a synthetic that will be as "show carish" as the blitz. Klasse is my favorite, many show car people swear by it. I guess its up to you, all a matter of preference, but blitz out shines all the synthetics.
February 15, 2002 12:00AM
I have'nt used Blitz before, but I have found that after a good buffing with Meguiars #3 glaze followed by two coats of Prestige Coatings paint shield works better than anything I've seen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login