Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CONVERSION

Posted by DAVE BENNETT 
CONVERSION
May 20, 2003 12:11PM
Well, this is going to upset a fe people, but that is not my intention,
so, im interested in purchasing a E TYPE; mk 1, but will be unable to afford a convertable, which is my dream, so is there any way to convert a hard top to a convertable, any model.. (conversion kit etc...)
<b>Re: CONVERSION</b>
May 21, 2003 09:36AM
<HTML>Converting a coupe to a convertible is really not possible. The expense would be huge, so much so that it would be much cheaper to just buy a convertible instead.

You mentioned "hard top" in your post, not sure what you meant. Normally a hard top is a convertible with a (removeable) roof attached.

- Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster</HTML>
Re: CONVERSION
July 18, 2003 05:27AM
Hi there,
I do believe there are some British companies that do this conversion as a "kit", but it would be a shame to "bastardise" the FHC. Also don't write a FHC coupe off as being less exciting and desireable. A good Series 1 FHC is still a beautiful car.
Sorry I don't know the names of the Companies - there's more than 1 I think - check some English Jag magazines.
August 27, 2003 10:44AM
If you're after parts for e-types then the place to go is The Hutson Motor Company here in the UK. The telephone number is +44 (0)1274 669052, Ask for Andy, if anyone can help he's your man!!
October 09, 2003 07:12PM
I am looking for a kit to convert a 4.2 to a 350. I already have the engine and tranismission. What and who do you recomend?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login