Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found... XKE in backyard smiling smiley

Posted by Winstant 
Found... XKE in backyard smiling smiley
October 14, 2003 04:59PM
My friend bought an acreage and in a shed was sitting a shiny red XKE. He gave it to me, now I have a shiny red XKE sitting in my garage... All I have is the hood, and shell - that is it, no glass, no driveline, lights, dash, nothing!

First of all does anyone know how to distinguish it? I know it is a 2+2 and the headlights do not have lenses.

The next thing to consider is weather to just stick her on a domestic driveline or spend the big bucks to restore her. The shell is in perfect shape, no bondo, very very little rust.
<b>Re: Found... XKE in backyard smiling smiley</b>
October 16, 2003 05:31AM
<HTML>It sounds to me like you have way to little to work with. Restoring your new found treaure would not be practical.

>>>First of all does anyone know how to distinguish it? I know it is a 2+2 and the headlights do not have lenses.

Do you have access to a VIN plate with a chassis number?

Unless you can use them as part of a restoration of another car, I would suggest you sell what you have as parts. Try ebay.com!

Regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com<];
Re: Found... XKE in backyard smiling smiley
October 17, 2003 11:42AM
Winstant, I just read your post. I am new to this sight because I have an ageing father who has two cars sitting in his garage that he has had for over30 years. One is a 1970 E-Type Jag coupe. The body is in bad shape and the engine and tranny are siezed together from years of just sitting. He has several carb combinations for it and all parts. It is probably not worth restoring but it would make and exellent parts car. He also has a 1960 Austin Healey 3000 series I think a Mark III which is not in to bad of shape but it has, again, sat for many years in the garage but it runs and just needs some body work and going thru. If you are interested give me a call at (859) 371-5703 or my e-mail is Sshat14@aol.com

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Ross Shattuck
Re: Found... XKE in backyard smiling smiley
October 17, 2003 03:03PM
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your responses, I have found a 2002 Subaru WRX that was rolled... You know where I am going with this!

the wheel base and track are almost perfect. Imagine an all wheel drive 12 second XKE????

The purists will roll over in their gravessmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login