Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BACK TO SEATS AGAIN

Posted by OTREBLA 
BACK TO SEATS AGAIN
November 07, 2003 12:11PM
Sorry about being so naive but can somebody tell me how to go about removing the seats from my Series 1.5 1968 2+2.I think either they are not original seats or they have been soldered there for life by the previous owners.Nevertheless can somebody throw some light where the fixing screws to the floor should be and from where should I attempt to undo these so that I can check it out.

Thanks for any help.

Alberto
Re: BACK TO SEATS AGAIN
November 07, 2003 01:31PM

Alberto:

I have a Series III 2+2 but I would guess the seat removal is similar:
The bottom cushion just slides right out, there are no fasteners. After you remove the bottom cushion you have access to two nuts that hold the seat back into place. Remove these as well as the two seat belt mounts and the seat back should come right out. Pretty simple, unlike many other things on these cars.

Regards,

Jeff MacGregor

'71 SIII 2+2
Re: BACK TO SEATS AGAIN
November 30, 2003 03:04PM
On the '68, you need to slide the seats all the way forward. Once done, lean the seat backs all the way forward. There will be two screws on each seat securing the rails to the floor. Once these are removed, the front is unhooked by pushing the whole seat assembly forward. Then the seat simply lifts out. Be careful not to lose the thick spacers between the rails and the floor pan.

Mike Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login