Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Member Introduction

Posted by Mark Pruitt 
New Member Introduction
December 16, 2003 05:39PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just picked up a '69 XKE Coupe. Primrose w/black. Repainted white w/75K miles. 4 spd and air. Just finished a 65' Ford Thunderbird resto and am on to the next project. This is my second XKE. I had a '61 twenty five years ago. I bought it in boxes and managed to make it a roller before being overwhelmed and selling it to a collector in Canada. I have more $hp this time so I expect I'll get through this one quickly. This car sat for 17 yrs.! I rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil and plugs. Fixed up a coffee can for fuel and it fired on the first try and runs like a watch! If only the rest where that simple. Anyway, glad to find you folks and look forward to using your knowledge and experiance. First question, who do you like for parts?

Thanks, Mark.
<b>Re: New Member Introduction</b>
December 18, 2003 06:02AM
<HTML>Mark:

For parts, try <a href="[www.classicjaguar.com];, <a href="[www.xkengineering.com]; and <a href="[store.tolosatech.com];.

E-Type restoration project web sites:
<a href="[xkedata.com]; - Roger Los has done an excellent job of describing and illustrating the E-Type restoration process.

Also, check out <a href="[www.employees.org];

Welcome to the group and keep us informed of the progress of your project!

-Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com<];
Re: New Member Introduction
August 05, 2004 12:48AM
Hi fellow jaguar car nuts: I found this web site, and happy to be here! I am in the restoration business, and have been finally doing my own 1971 series two roadster, after 28 years of ownership. I have a question for anyone out there. Could someone tell me the cubic-inches and horsepower of my car? Thanks and will be available for others.

dominic mari
Re: New Member Introduction
August 06, 2004 09:55PM
Hi Dom,

The cubic inch of the engine should 4.2 as long as it hasn't been lumped or messed with. It should be marked somewhere on the block.
I don't know where you are based but the horsepower was reduced because of the emission control equipment fitted to the USA cars.
Originally Jaguar claimed 265 bhp but most feel this was a bit optimistic and was near 220bhp.

Dave
'61 OTS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login