Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I need a 389 and a 4 speed

Posted by ramsey clayter 
I need a 389 and a 4 speed
December 24, 2003 06:33PM
Does anyone know where i can get a 389 and a 4 speed for my 67 goat
Re: I need a 389 and a 4 speed
December 24, 2003 07:10PM
Why a 389? 67's came with 400s, unless it doesn't matter to you. 400s are definetly more abundant.
January 03, 2004 04:04PM
Tony Chiu's message is correct......among the GTO crowd you will be laughed at behind your back when you start putting parts in that dont belong to certain years.....yes there are more 400s around....like putting tripower on a 67 or 68, 69, etc. everyone knows tripower was only available for 64-66 gto/s, yet I have seen some 67's with a tripower setup and they get plenty of snickers......
January 03, 2004 09:43PM
Thats the way it is with every body and any car dont matter I'am the same way with first gen camaro's, but ill tell you what know body will know if it's a 400 or a 389 326 350 so why not, Iam not going to let any body put there head under my hood to snoop around wont happen so go with what you like my friend's 68 gto has a 389 with 400 rods crank etc, and you dont know it's not a 400..the tri power option only reason why people snicker is because they cant find it or dont have the money for the set up $$$$ for a orig tri power set up..do what you want but the 67 is the first year of the 400 keep it orig,and find a 400 block and Ill disagree about 389's are not as easy to find there easyer the 67 to 69 400 is the hardest motor to find and youll pay out the ass the 350 is the most common out of any except for the
326 the snickers come from people that think they know every thing and to hell with them I snicker when people have a tempest or a lemans cloned to a gto or better yet they say it's a real ram air when all it is is a common tempest .And the best was at the goodfellows show in spokane washington 68 firebird HO ram Air w a factory 428 right never made one not even in canada PHS. so that was a good chuckel lol 389's are strong motor's just keep it pontiac or better yet hide a chevy in her lol the pontiac guy
Travis williams @ EdWilliams Machine boardman,oregon keep em on the street more power to you P.S i have a 389 block w/mains never machined out of a 66 gto and i can find more here in oregon let me know if you would like me to find one for you anoingu@yahoo.com shipping isnt cheap

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login