Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why G.O.A.T. ???

Posted by Linda Hartsell 
Why G.O.A.T. ???
April 03, 2003 05:16AM
How Exactly did the GTO get its nickname G.O.A.T.
Re: Why G.O.A.T. ???
April 20, 2003 01:55PM

Because goat,s will eat anything
May 03, 2003 07:31AM
The letters just added up to speel G.O.a.T., that is the best explanation i can think of=) Lance
May 16, 2003 05:50AM
what's worse is that pontiac calls it "The Great One", what's up with that? that would be TGO!!, i like the term Gas, Tires, Oil in that order, my girlfriend thinks that muscle cars are for redneck beer drinkers and she says GTO stands for "GHETTO". women. sheesh.
May 17, 2003 06:18AM
I think they say its "The great one" because the GTO brought about the birth of the muscle car in the first place with the 64. Thereby setting a trend that would change the auto industry forever in the US. I agree with Mike. "Because a goat will eat anything". Year One even prints that in their parts catalog. I also like "Gas Tires an Oil" All that is needed to maintain such a fun machine, that which is the GTO. As for muscle cars being for bear drinking rednecks? Well I do drink beer, and I live in Oklahoma. So I guess I qualify. smiling smiley But GHETTO? NNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Now if we were talking about a 64 Impalla, maybe. Or maybe even a Cadilac. But a GTO GHETTO???????? No way man. Just tell her that owning 40 pairs of shoes that she only wears one time is GHETTO, and see how well she likes that. " And the thunder rolls". smiling smiley

70 Judge in the works!
May 18, 2003 01:25AM
G.T.O. = Gran Turismo Omologato. In 1964, Pontiac borrowed the term from the Italian car maker Ferrari. Ferrari had been making a GTO racing car for quite a while. The english translation is Grand Touring Amalgamated, which basically means that the car was built entirely from Pontiac parts, and was ready to race right off the assembly line. We also affectionately refer to a GTO as a "Goat", although it makes little sense. Some people think "GOaT" came from switching the letters around in "GTO" to make "GOaT". Anyhow, it's a compliment when someone yells "Nice Goat!" at you.
There your answer fella's!
January 07, 2004 02:36AM
how bout...get turned on...GTO
January 07, 2004 04:05PM
EVEN PONTIAC WONDERED WHERE "GOAT" CAME FROM.
THEY TRIED ADVERTISING THEM WITH A TIGER AS A MASCOT, BUT THAT NEVER CAUGHT ON.
AS FAR AS EATING EVERYTHING, COME ON, IT JUST AIN'T THE BADDEST KID ON THE BLOCK.
DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE GTOs, THATS WHY I BOUGHT ONE. BUT, THEY ARE FAR FROM BEING QUICKEST OR FASTEST CARS I'VE DRIVEN. I'M AT AN AGE WHERE I GOT TO DRIVE SOME REALLY HOT ONES; '68 GTO 455HO-4SP RAM AIR, '69 DODGE CHARGER R/T 440-4SP, '69 SUPER BEE 440-6PK-4SP, '70 AAR CUDA 340-6PK-AUTO, '73 TORINO GRANSPORT 351C-AUTO AND A FEW OTHER FACTORY MUSCLE CARS. I ALSO HAVE A '94 DODGE 1T DUALLY V10 2WD. NOW, MY GOAT WILL TAKE IT OFF THE LINE QUITE EASILY BUT BY THE TIME I GO FROM 60 TO OVER 120, THAT GOAT DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE.
LOVE MY GTO
MARK
'72 GTO 400/400
'94 DODGE 1T V10
'56 CHEVY 4H 396 4SP(MUNCIE OUT OF '69 GTO)
'02 HONDA INSIGHT +50mpg(WIFES' CAR, SO I CAN AFFORD TO FUEL MY TOYS!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login