Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

74 G.T.O

Posted by jeff thompson 
74 G.T.O
January 15, 2004 05:57PM
in 1974 they made the gto it was based on the ventura body stlye it is kinda like the 64 which was based on the lemans body they made right around 7200 74 gtos i have 1 of 687 hatchback manual trans gtos produce i have the build sheet the order sheet and the production sheet on the car it has 24,000 original miles on it yes it is a little weak at only 200 h.p stock but that was easily fixed , 9.5 comp pistons decked to ..025 bored 30 over edelbrock intake. and the functional factory shaker hood scoop

Re: 74 G.T.O
February 11, 2004 02:01AM
I also have one of 687 Hatchback manual trans GTOs with the Custom option. Although Pontiac didn't differentiate between 3 & 4 speed, the 3 speed was standard option. Mine has the 4 speed with gauges & tach, as well as the brushed dash surround, as oposed to the standard wood grain.

I wish there was a further breakdown, but there isn't & with this combination, it leads me to believe that I have a pretty rare car...

I also have a 74 GTO body that could be saved, if someone were interested. Otherwise, you can bid on the parts on e-bay..
February 15, 2004 04:29AM
How many 74 GTO'S were 4 four speeds out of the 687 hatchbacks? How many were painted fern mist green? Also with red white and blue pin striping?
February 15, 2004 09:05PM
Bill -

Unforunately, they didn't break down production of the 4 speed. They just broke it down to manual transmission vs. automatic. They also don't break down color or options, such as the stripes you are referring to.

Based on the GTOs that I have seen and researched, fewer than half the manual transmissions have been 4 speed, but that isn't a hard fact. As far as color, Buckaneer Red was the most popular.

If anyone does have further breakdown that would be something to share with PHS, as I have worked with them in researching mine. With their help, I was able to find the selling dealer and then the first owner...who was quite surprised to hear that I found him and that the car was still around!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login