Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

69 GTO

Posted by M Randolph 
69 GTO
July 06, 2004 08:55PM
Tired of Chevelles & Novas, we just got our first 69' GTO. It's a non-running 400 auto, A/C. tilt, California built (Fremont) and SoCal owned.

Question: Did GTO's come from the factory with 10 bolt rear ends? While this one is a 24237 car, the rear end is a 10 bolt which seems odd.

Request: While there is nearly zero rust on this car (save for the trunk lid), we now need to start collecting the following parts...

1. Trunk lid
2. A/C compressor
3. Fan shroud
4. Endura (sic?) bumper (which is not very DURAble)*

* BTW. Is there a fix for these bumpers where the rubber is decaying off of the bumper "frame?" Ours is very straight, just very little rubber left!

5. Hood (le mans hood now)

If you've got 'em we'd be intrested. We're in Southern Kalifornia & can pick-up or ship.

Thanks!

M Randolph in SoCal
--------------------------
66 Nova 2 Door H/T 283, TH-350
67 Chevelle SS 396, 4 Spd (True 138 Car; No A/C, P/S, P/B! Yikes!)
69 GTO 400, TH-400 (True 42 Car; A/C, P/S. P/B, Brown ovr Gold)
95 ThunderChicken SC, 5 Spd (daily drvr)
Re: 69 GTO
July 06, 2004 11:05PM
The trunk lid might be tough to find, but you're in SoCal so you will find one. They don't repro them. The a/c compressor is available at your local parts store and is affordable...$125 at most. Fan shrouds are also available. Ames Performance is the best place I have found for parts. Their number is 800-421-ames and they'll send you a free catalog. All 69 GTO's came with 10 bolt rears and they hold up fairly well. They also repro the endura bumpers now and there are lots of good originals around.

Good luck with the GTO. I've owned a bunch of them and the 69 is my favorite year. I own a hardtop and a convertible.
Re: 69 GTO
July 07, 2004 10:07PM
I have a GM orig metal hood with scoops I have a orig fan shroud
i want 350.00 obo hood no rust no dents has none ram air scoops shroud is orig i would like 30.00 for it I,am in north eastern oregon. 1-541-481-2933 if intrested connact me Travis

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login