Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

just purchased 69 RA III Convertible in most unlikely place - PHS verified & ALL #'s match

Posted by MDC 
I have been chasing muscle cars for 35 years and have had the good fortune of many great finds. Two weeks ago I found what at first glance appeared to be a regular 69 GTO convertible. Of all places it was on a local used car lot. It did not have a RA hood, and I did not have anyway to immediately verify the code on the motor. However the first thing I noticed was a cable laying across the motor and when I looked inside I saw a RA hood pull under the dash. After a brief conversation with the owner of the car lot I went home and confirmed that the motor and heads were in fact RA III for a 4-speed 69 GTO. Next I got under the car and verified that both the 4-speed tranny and the block had the matching Vin #'s on them - Shazam! I asked the car lot owner about the history and how the car ended up on his lot. It turns out that the car was on the lot along with four other collector cars at the direction of a court appointed trustee as a result of a Divorce Court decree. After purchasing the car I used the name on the title to contact the prior owner. He knew almost nothing about the car other than he had purchased it from the estate of his deceased employer and that he had a package of documents that he got with the car that he would mail to me --- still waiting to see what the package includes. I ordered the PHS docs which confirmed not only that it was in fact a factory RA III convertible, but that all it was unaltered from its factory configeration with the exception of the color change which I already knew from the trim tag to be incorrect. Bottom line, I found a three owner Ram Air III convertible that is a bone stock ALL numbers survivor with mint interior and one poor quality repaint. The original RA hood had been stolen many years ago and replaced with a regular GTO hood. I just purchased all the necessay RA hood components and hope to install them in the coming weeks. I am considering selling the car but not sure of its value potential .... any opinions as to value range ?? If so, please e-mail me goodeye911@aol.com (OPTIONS are as follows ....WS 366hp motor, 3:55 HD Safe-T-Track, 4-speed, Buckets, console, AmFm, wood wheel, gauges, tach, PS, P-Disc, etc)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login