Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Suggestions???

Posted by Rick Shouse 
Suggestions???
January 22, 2003 06:15PM
Ok guys i am new to GTO's

Whats the best model year???

I have been looking at some 67's and i like what i see...

I think i want a Ram Air 400.....

and what kind of price range am i looking at for one in decent condition.... Yea im willing to do some work on it...
Re: Suggestions???
April 12, 2003 12:00AM
Hi Rick,

Everybody has there favorite year GTO,mine is the 70 GTO.It all depends on what a persons taste is.Do you like the headlights on top of each other,or beside each other?Do you like hideaway headlights,do you like the 389 GTO's or the 400 Ram Air GTO's.There's alot of variables to look at here.From 1964 to 1966 you got the 389 4barrel of the 389 Tri-power.From 1967 to 1970 you got the 400 HO for 67-68 GTO,the 400Ram Air lll and Ram Air lV motors for the 70 GTO and in 1971 you got the standard 400 cid and the 455HO.
The price range depends on if its a covertiable a Tri-power car, HO car,Ram Air car or even if its a Judge model.These things that I just mentioned are going to be pricey.Plus it depends on what condition the car is too.I hope this help you out. Tim

April 12, 2003 03:34AM
The 1967 RAM AIR GTO is a very rare car if you are looking for #s matching. There were only about 700 made that year. If you do find one it is going to be quite pricy, but that runs the same with all Goats. Best way to figure out your price rang is check ebay and see what the goats are going for. Check condition and options and also the amount of work done to them and still needing to be done and you should get a pretty good estimate as to what they will cost. I like your choice with the 67, I personally own a 67 and I love it. O and beware for clone GTO's when looking on ebay. =) Hope this information can be useful in your quest for a goat. Sincerly Lance
April 12, 2003 04:18AM
Buy my 67' , its posted in here, just put a new windshield in it. Looks great...
Mike.

Mike Doughty
April 20, 2003 01:51PM

Hey Rick

I also like your choice of the 67 gto also as I own a 67 ram air gto 1 of 751 produced that year. the 67 isnt called the great one for nothin. The 67 is alot of fun to cruise with because its the one gto that is recognized and remembered by everyone. ebay is a good place to start to get an idea of what gto,s are going for but as lance mentoined beware of the clones. I can tell you if you can find a nicely restored gto at a decent price jump on it because restoreing one can get extremely expensive whatever you decide to do good luck, just remember that once you own a classic pontiac you,ll be ruined for life because nothing else quite satisfies. thank,s for letting me bend your ear. Mike Irwin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login