Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

gto clone

Posted by Andy VanderMeulen 
gto clone
May 31, 2003 05:39AM
how do i convert a 70-73 lemans to a GTO, what do i need other than the badges, i was told a hood and front end (grill) but im not exactly sure, im new to this whole pontiac thing, up until this point i was a big charger fan...
Re: gto clone
June 01, 2003 04:12AM
okay, i may get ahold of a 1970 lemans, 80% chance if all goes well, id like to convert it into a GTO Judge clone, but first i need to know, whats the difference between my lemans and a gto... someones gotta know
June 02, 2003 04:44AM
You will have to change the whole front clip. And a nice 70 GTO front clip is not easy to come by these days. The nose, hood, and fenders are all different. I think the door panels are not the same as well. You will have to add the Ram Air, which is exspensive. You will have to add the rear spoiler, and modify the deck lid to hold it up. As it is it will not. That is the bulk of the body stuff. But keep in mind that offten times you will have more in the car than it will ever be worth. Because at the end it is still a LeMans. If I were going to clone a car, I would clone a real GTO into a Judge. Atleast that way it is still worth what a nice GTO is worth, as opposed to a nice LeMans. But that is just my way of thinking. But then again I dont care for clones at all. Got taken to the cleaners on one. PHS all the way from now on!

70 Judge in the works!
June 10, 2003 07:15PM
why dont you just save your money and buy a real gto ,,,,So more dumb people out there can bye it thinking its a real gto come on save your money and get a real one for one its worth more even if you have to restore it come and youll spend the least amount of money its not cheap to convert thing over its alomst cheaper to by a real 242 gto and restore and guess what youll be able to sell it if you want for top dollar theres anothe clones all ready so do us all justice and get a real GTO

travis williams
June 12, 2003 01:26AM
A Lemans is a Lemans, a Tempest is a Tempest, and a GTO is a GTO keep it that way. There are plenty of old goats out there that need to be restored and I much rather see a good running and good looking GTO than a good looking lemans or GTO clone. My opioion of course. Sincerly Lance
June 16, 2003 06:51AM
OH GOD, another ONE ???

Between 70-73, Oh lets seeeeee.

First of ALL, do 73's EVEN count (WRONG BODY Style Dr. GTO).

I'd cut the TOP off, make shift it into a Convertable, put GT
stripes on it, and if it's a 72, you have one of ONLY 114 GT
convertible's made. (Option #1 for a LEMANS).

Is there ANY difference between a LEMANS and GTO ??
That was a GOOD question. Yes, 5 of Them +++

Lemans, Lemans Sport, GT, GT-37, GTO, JUDGE, + factory options.

Not to mention 71 was the last true year of a Judge.

Anywahey, Try PONTIAC HISTORICAL SERVICES !!!!
June 19, 2003 08:06PM
If I were you, go for a real GTO, it will probably in the end cost less than trying to convert a Lemans. Another thing, you yourself will know that it isn't a true GTO, even if you can fool others into thinking that it is. Just my opinion though. I myself would only get a true GTO, clones really are not my type of thing.
June 20, 2003 01:22AM
Actually a real GTO buff will simply take a quick look at the vin tag on the car, and you will be busted. I know I could tell, as well as most of my GTO lover friends. Clones........... dont like em' don't see a need for em'. All they do is take good, needed parts from guys who need them for the real thing.

70 Judge in the works!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login