Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

8 track

Posted by Lance Q 
8 track
June 02, 2003 05:12AM
I was reading through my PHS and I found out my 67 GTO originally came with an * track. I thought it would be pretty cool if i could find one to replace the missing one. If anybody has one or knows where i can find one let me know thanks for your time. Lance
Re: 8 track
June 02, 2003 12:52PM
8 tracks appear on ebay periodically. Be prepared to spend around $200, and it probably doesn't work. A nice final touch for a restoration project though.
June 09, 2003 12:12PM
Usually the ears on the bezel are broken, but to have the whole unit it comes with a heater bypass duct that reroutes the hot air around the back of the player. There are also afew sites on line from guys that restore old delco radios etc. sometimes these people have an 8 track lying around. I found a complete working unit from a radio restorer in CA but that was about 6 or 7 years ago.
June 10, 2003 06:58PM
yea get a hold of percy at percys pontiac parts ,,, gtopercy@comcast.net
he might be able to find one for you and bye the way $200.00 is a still even if it dont work your going to pay at least $400.00 for a good working orig, there is one on the net now for $200.00 but its missing the face hardest part to find on the 8 track ,,,look in the hemmingway books best bet ...

travis williams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login