Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1971 GTO I found in barn for 25 years

Posted by A 
A
1971 GTO I found in barn for 25 years
May 28, 2006 02:23AM
Hello everybody,

Im new to the forum, I would like to tell you a little about myself. I have been a muscle car enthusiast all my life. I got into the collision and paint back in 1982, I did that full-time until 1990 when I learned to do paintless dent removal. Since then I chase hail storms and work directly with body and collision centers all through the USA for the past 15 years.

Enough of that, now for the good story. I was leaving a storm fixing hail damage in La Grange Georgia, the second to last day I was talking muscle cars to the owner and he mentioned about a 1971 GTO 455 HO RAM AIR 4 speed 12 bolt rear end AC 8 track player rear defrost honey comb wheels red with black interior. The man special ordered this car because he did not like the Judge, well he didn't like the decals and the rear spoiler, so he ordered this car specially for himself in 71.

This car is in all original condition except for the ram air guts under the hood and the AC condenser and pump. The ram air parts I might have access to. The car has 91,000 miles and its a true survivor it runs like a champ everything works.

I have spoken to some muscle heads and people are telling me this might be 1 of a kind. Even might rarer than the Judge. I will be putting in for the build sheet with PHS this week. I have had numerous offers over 25K for this car the way it sits.

I took out the rear seat and found the sheet didn't look like the build sheet, it has information.

Well, if anyone knows anything that might help me out please let me know.

Thanks,

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login