Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vespa Value (non-running)

Posted by James Crellin 
Vespa Value (non-running)
January 21, 2003 12:18PM
I just stumbled across this site and was hoping that i might get some help from someone. I have a 1978 Vespa P200e and i am trying to find a site that might tell me how much its worth (non-running). The bike has a nice paint job but doesn't run. I have been told that it might take around $200-$400 to get it running, I just don't have the time or the money right now.
I would appreciate it if anyone can direct me to a site that might have this information or even lend the help themselves.
Thanks in advance - james
Re: Vespa Value (non-running)
October 03, 2003 06:13PM
Jacee - sorry, but a P200E is one of those scoots you can get 'a dime a dozen' if everythings there and all original, just needs an overhaul... you can probably get $500-$900 for it.
Re: Vespa Value (non-running)
February 03, 2004 07:59PM
Denny is tellin ya straight. P's are fairly easy to find. But still one of the most reliable ones. And the P200e motor is easy to rebuild and in demand. Parts are easy to find and cheap. But still a good running one is with good cosmetics is only worth about 1800-2000. A runner with poor cosmetics about 1200 and a non runner about 600 - 800 at best. I have two of them. So I kinda know. I paid $1000 for a 78 runner that just really only needed paint. And then $200 for a 1980 one that was torn down in parts that I am rebuilding. I will have about a $800 to a Grand in that one when I get it completely restored first class perfect. Typicaly see them sell for around $1800 running and in fairly good shape and maybe $2500 if they all decked out and chrome accessories and perfect paint and engine. But thats top dollar for one. They are not collectable yet. A little too early for them to be. But a good time to grab them up and fix them up. They solid and best riding ones they built up until then. Its just the purists rather have the older more round styling at this point. But they are indeed worth starting to grab some up. Because the cost is down and parts are cheap and easy to find.

Here is a good site for you: [www.scooterbbs.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login