Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just bought a Vespa 400 HELP!!!

Posted by balegausa 
Just bought a Vespa 400 HELP!!!
April 05, 2010 06:29PM
Hello everyone!
I am a seasoned car restorer and had to buy a 1960 Vespa 400 in the woods in Indiana. It's a mess. I probably need a new body, but all the other bits and pieces look like they are salvageable.
Is there a body somewhere?
If I can't find a body it's going to be a ground up start from scratch which i can do but will take a lot of time. The car i have has no floor and is just about broken in two pieces. The engine is complete and does turn by hand.

Rear suspension looks rotten too!!

Well here goes about 4 years of my life
My email is revsteve@iendeavor.com

Rev Steve
Re: Just bought a Vespa 400 HELP!!!
August 26, 2010 02:51AM
Hey Steve how is the rebuild going? When I started my Vespa 400 rebuild the body was in pretty good shape just some rust here and there. I did have to completely overhaul the engine; it was seized up when I got it. I have been working on it for almost 2 years and entering the final stretch now. Good luck to you on your rebuild, look forward to following your posts.

When the power came on, you needed to hold on! (Juergen Barth)
January 06, 2011 11:58PM
How much do you guys figure you'll have into the restorations when it's all said and done? Just curious, thanks.
January 16, 2011 01:54AM
Rev Steve:

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure it is wise for you to continue with the project? Sounds like this car is a goner and would take silly amounts or resources (time and $$$) for you to make a good car out of it.

Maybe you are better off using it as a parts car and looking for a better restoration candidate?

Regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login