Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meguiar's Natural Tire Shine...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
We have been testing the new Meguiar's Natural Tire Shine for the past two weeks. We have been seeing good results with the soft tire compounds & also from some of the firmer tire compounds.

The results from the previous Tire Endurance did not have any good results. This was due to the fact that there was a general amount of streaking on all of the various tire compounds along with a dullness effect. From all of the testing that was preformed, the stated literture came to the conclusion of being false.

Meguiar's was contacted & they were more than happy with a full refund of this product. The Tire Endurance was a form of a gel as the Natural Shine is in a spray form.

The Natural Shine hasn't had any fling off & also sprays onto the tire without any dripping effect. This spray when used properly sticks right to the tire with ease of the spray trigger. The formula is a milky white residue that is thick but not too thick that won't spray through the nozzle.

Thus far, I am very impressed with the product & expect to see more good results with further testing.
Re: Meguiar's Natural Tire Shine...
December 14, 2001 06:23PM
Toddco:

I have not yet seen the product you are refering to in our market but I I have a few questions.

1. how long does this natural shine last per application.
2. by your description it seems to me that the product is similar to armoral. Can you provide any direct comparisons.
3. can you give an indication of the cost of the product and the amount of product that is supplied.
4. how is this product relative to dirt and dust collection
5. does the product tend to promote browning of the tirewalls
6. what are the rain exposure results like
7. how do you feel the product would perform in northern climate areas exposed to sever winter conditions

Thanks
December 14, 2001 08:08PM
i can answer some of those. it is a pdms product containing no thick silicone fluid or oils which can damage the tire. it seems to do fine on my tires and is easily removed(this is good for me because i get in moods and sometimes dont like to apply it). i don't use it on my interior because i prefer the 303 or lexol/vinylex. no browning after about three months of use every week or every other week. i apply with a sponge. rain takes the initial gloss coat off, but the tires still have a little satin shine. i have had 2 bottles of this product thicken up on me. i advised meguiars of this and they offered to send me a refund. i don't want the refund because i am using it on my tires and not my interior. for my tires,imo,the thicker the better. in fairness, i also used a premium vinyl sealant/protectant product for years that smells the same, thickens up just like this stuff and applies the same but made by a different manufacturer. no problems out of it and it was expensive. TODDCO, have you seen this in a gallon size yet, or does meguiars offer it in thier bodyshop line? here, this stuff is 3.99 for the smaller bottle and 4.99 for the large. i am curious what the price would be per gallon.
I used it 2 weeks ago. the last 2 days have done nothing but rain and snow and the Cooper tires on my Explorer are still black. Not quite as shiny but at least they aren't brown! I think I'll really like this stuff for tires.
The normal application has lasted so far for two weeks. This product is completly different from Armor All in many ways. One way is the formula is a thick liquid that has the tendency to stick upon spraying onto the tires. The normal packaging price for a bottle cost around $3.99 a bottle. No browning of the tires has been present so far. I haven't seen any rain exposure results but will find out in the next twelve hours of this notice. You will see much better results in the northern climates due to the different tire componds conditions referring to the colder climate & having a much better initial contact with the different tire compounds surface.
Dan
December 15, 2001 04:45AM
Why not just by a 5 gallon container of stoner's trim shine. It has a nice natural shine that is a thick, like you were describing, not too thick, blue color, and applies easy with a sponge. Crapp doesnt stick to it much, but when it does, it easily rinses away. You can find this at Stoner's Solutions via internet at I believe, $45 per 5 gallon. A lot cheaper for everyday proffesional use.
You can send the MSDS to the above e-mail address for each compariosons with the Natural Shine that Meguiar's offer.
Dan
December 15, 2001 07:53PM
I will find it and send it when I remember. In other words "sometime"!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login