Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Glaze, bad luck

Posted by turbomangt 
Glaze, bad luck
September 25, 2003 12:32AM
<HTML>I tried some of my speed glaze sitting on the shelf, from Meguiars. Not impressed. When is the correct time and purpose to use it / comes off like cement, even after you buff. Gary hmm maybe the stuff is too old like me.</HTML>
Dan
Re: Glaze, bad luck
September 25, 2003 11:57PM
<HTML>Its mainly for body shops, gives a quick shine and removes slight imperfections and protects for around 30 days. You should try Meguairs #66, I have replaced swirl free polish with it, great for beaters or any prep work with the DA.</HTML>
September 26, 2003 03:54AM
<HTML>What were you trying to do:

Correct a problem
Swirl remover/polish & shine
Protect

For a product to produce the results you want you have to use the right product. Possibly this was not what you need to use.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
September 26, 2003 12:22PM
<HTML>To tell you the truth, I wanted to just see what it can do. So I used it inplace of a polish after I corrected and leveled the finish. I have heard that glaze is similar to polish. I guess their is a reason it is sitting on my shelf. G</HTML>
September 26, 2003 01:49PM
<HTML>Gary:

The true meaning of a Glaze is a "body shop" safe swirl remover/polish. However, every chemical company has it's own meaning for the word.

For some it is a polish or swirl remover; for others a wax; for others a paint sealant; for others a one step cleaner/protectant.

Who can say unless you carefully read the description the label, and even that does not often tell you.

That is why a detailer must know the products they need to use and trust a company to give them the straight story on the products.

What you need, in my opinion are the following:

Compounds for correction
Swirl Remover/Polishes for removing swirls and/or polishing
Waxes or Sealants for protection and some shine

Glazes for removing swirls from newly painted cars

One Step Cleaner Protectant for short cut cars or wholesale cars.

Try to fit all that you use into these definitions and you will have all you need to detail any paint finish.

BudA</HTML>

buda
September 27, 2003 02:49AM
<HTML>Hey, thanks Bud!!! I appreciate this bit of valuable information. You just proved that you don't need a lot of products to detail, just a lot of knowledge about what the few products that you use are going to do when you apply them to the finish. Let me ask you, do you recommend sticking within a single product line for a beginner or is a mix & match approach best?

Rod</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login