Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fall out gel

Posted by Phil Goode 
Fall out gel
September 29, 2003 10:35PM
<HTML>I must say that for years now I have been reluctant to change. I was wrong. I have only ever used clay for fallout until I read some of the posts here about the acid way. So, I bought some gel from my Car Brite guy (he almost fell over) and used it on my truck.
Let me descirbe my area; First, I live in Sunny Florida, Next we have rockets near by often (Cape Canaveral) I live 1.5 miles from train tracks, work right next to them all day long, then right around the corner from my house is a power station which runs day in and day out. Can we talk about fallout?
Yesterday I tried the gel fallowing instructions (all except gloves...next time I will use gloves, that stuff burns) and striped away the wax then reapplied. Long story short...my truck has NEVER been so slick. Even when claying. I am seriously impressed with this tech. The result were better than clay and easier.
I am new to this forum but want the people who moniter it to know my heart felt gratitude for thier time and energy. An old dog has learned some new tricks as a result of your forum and the expertise herein.
I now can't help but be curious what else am I doing the hard way?</HTML>
Dan
Re: Fall out gel
September 29, 2003 11:41PM
<HTML>Thanks for you post, I was wondering about carbrite fallout gel. I currentyl use the ABC system but am looking to change.

Is the fallout gel really thick, I know its called gel but is it really? Can you spray it on or do you just wipe it? Do you nuetralize the paint with ph7 soap after or is that not an issue? Thanks!!!</HTML>
September 30, 2003 12:37AM
<HTML>It is a gel. Something like a thin hair gel. It goes on with a sponge, let it set for a few minutes, aggitate with a sponge, rinse, and yes, you do use a car soap.
They offer a liquid too, but sinse I work outdoors, I wanted the gel thinking I could keep it wet easier.
No plug meant here but it really does work wonders.
Be sure you use some gloves. Especially if you have a tendency for dry skin.</HTML>
September 30, 2003 12:41AM
<HTML>Hi Phil, glad it all worked out for you, I was looking at the gel last time my CarBrite rep called , might go ahead and try it now. We are using the Motorcraft products right now but it's a three step system , its good but a bit time consuming , looking for something a little bit quicker.

Jim.</HTML>
October 09, 2003 11:10PM
<HTML>Guys, Car Brite has two types of fallout remover, "Fallout Remover II", and "Fallout Gel". The main difference is that the gel tend to adhere better and will retain moisture longer. Correctly mixed, "Fallout Gel has the consisancy of say a weak dishsoap solution. The advantage of the "Fallout Remover II" is that it's easier to apply, the dissadvantage is it dries quicker and needs to be misted with water regularily over say five minutes or so to work effectively.</HTML>

&quot;Shhh...Da Doctor is Operatin!&quot;
October 10, 2003 03:22AM
<HTML>Guess I'm just a hick up here in Michigan. I've never heard of fall out gel. It sounds like great stuff. How often would be too often to use on your car? Does it hurt the paint if used too much or left on too long? Sounds pretty harsh.

jer</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:18AM
<HTML>Funny thing about fallout- everybody talks about trains, planes, bombs, and now rockets. What about brakes? Ever notice the grooves and pits in brake rotors? Where does that go? On the car of the guy behind you!

Just thought it funny that your driving around may help drive up business...
LOL</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:31AM
<HTML>Glad to know that you all are learning about the chemicals out their to make your jobs easier.

There is not much magic with rail dust removers. You can buy some oxalic acid power from a local chemical supplier and mix a cup of powder to 5 gallons of hot water and mix it up good.

Then take towels and dip them in the solution and lay them over the offended areas for about 15 minutes, or so.

Take them off; rinse off the car; apply a non-caustic alkaline chemical like a pre-soak to neutralize the acid and rinse it off. Then wash the car with a nice lo-pH shampoo and you will have removed the rail dust.

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 11, 2003 06:47AM
<HTML>Geez, I'm glad I live in Jersey--The Garden State! :-)

Only "fallout" we get here is tree sap.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 11, 2003 12:26PM
<HTML>Brian:

Are you kidding? NJ has one of the highest industrial fallout levels in the country as well as acid rain problems.

Are you sure about your statement?

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 11, 2003 07:47PM
<HTML>Bud:

Actually I was just trying to add a little humor to the threads. But yes, you are right. NJ is THE highest industrial/polluted section of the country but I live in Central/South Jersey where it's basically farmland and shopping malls. The part of New Jersey you're probably referring to is North Jersey closer to NY (Newark, Elizabeth, Patterson, Jersey City, Bayonne.) I'm right by Princeton and the Windsors.

Luckily, I have never experenced a car with industrial fallout. Just acid rain etchings.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login