Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is your general equipment setup?

Posted by Vesta 
What is your general equipment setup?
October 01, 2003 06:14AM
<HTML>What is your general equipment setup? Like what hardware do you "need" and what equipment is a plus to have? Also has anyone heard of Amour Guard they are local here and I will probably be buying from them.</HTML>
Re: What is your general equipment setup?
October 02, 2003 03:26AM
<HTML>Vesta..where to start ! Here what we have in our bay .

Ok, Thermax extractor,shop-vac, De-walt variable speed buffer, cheap brand variable speed buffer, fixed speed Snap-on buffer, Cyclo polisher, Porter Cable polisher, various orbital waxers (not used) . Big compressor (not sure on make ) , heat gun, smoke box ( or air purifier, its been here so long no-one is sure what it really is) .

Thats the main hardware so to speak.

The only things we dont have that I want to get are an ozone machine , paint gauge, magnifier, high speed dryer, and some sort of chemical dispensing system. Some of our guys dont know the difference between a half ounce and a half gallon.

Jim.</HTML>
October 02, 2003 10:32PM
<HTML>Here in England, there seems to be a far greater concern over interiors than paintwork. We also have to dry the cars in the absence of California weather.
So we have two shampoo machines, steam machine, ozone machines (about 3), blow dryers, dehumidifier.
We have also just bought a machine which pumps various smells into the cars, 'new car smell', leather' etc. Although I don't think anybody has actually used it yet.

Other than that, we have all the usual stuff, hot preassure washers, buffers, polishers, etc.</HTML>
October 03, 2003 02:23AM
<HTML>They have cars in England?</HTML>
October 03, 2003 08:18AM
<HTML>Yes, we do... but they tend to be a bit smaller than the ones from America.</HTML>
October 03, 2003 10:23PM
<HTML>P.S.
Im returning the machine which pumps smells into to car as it was quite frankly... crap.
If you get offered a machine which works on catridges... don't bother, as the smell lasts about 2 hours.

Im having a fogger delivered on tuesday, hopefully this will be more useful for all sorts of things.</HTML>
October 11, 2003 08:20PM
<HTML>Mandatory equipment:

Pressure washer
Hi-speed buffer
Orbital Buffer (if you don't want to hand wax)
Wet/Dry Shop Vac
Extractor
Heat Gun

Don't forget your accessories (brushes-all different sizes and lengths)

Optional but should be mandatory:

Ozone generator
Air Mover
Carpet Dyeing system

If i forgot anything, please add.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login