Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Washing/Drying and Swirls

Posted by David Adler 
Washing/Drying and Swirls
October 01, 2003 07:11AM
<HTML>Can I cause swirls (cob webs) in my paint by just washing and drying? I have a new lambswool mit (clean) and use the absorber.
thanks,
David</HTML>

david
Re: Washing/Drying and Swirls
October 01, 2003 09:16PM
<HTML>is your car black? if so this will be a continuing problem.

my advice is to dry your car with a waffle weave microfiber towel. they are more gentle than a chamosis. also make sure when you wax/polish you are using microfiber to buff.</HTML>
October 02, 2003 01:10AM
<HTML>Hi, do the waffle microfibers absorb a good amount of water? I have liked the Absorber because it absorbs a lot.
thank you,
David</HTML>

david
October 02, 2003 05:54AM
<HTML> cob webs are caused by dirt and even dust on the vehicle surface. When you wash your vehicle you are creating these minor abrasions just by the mechanical action of washing whether u use a sheepskin mit, microfiber mitt or a sea sponge etc. The only way to avoid them is have nothing touch your car but a rinse perferably spot free and a synthetic chamois folled by a microfiber to get rid of the smears from the chamois. this means you need two cars one for good weather and one for bad. This might not be practical but it is the only way. I own a honda s2000 and the finish looks like a mirror and this car is two yrs old . Hope this helps</HTML>
October 11, 2003 08:46AM
<HTML>The green waffle microfiber towel is amazing for drying off cars. Holds a lot then rings easily. Pls its a large size towel, maybe 18''x18''.

Check out: www.microfibertech.com</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login