Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

forgive me

Posted by Michael Galloway 
forgive me
October 03, 2003 02:03PM
<HTML>Please forgive me. I didnt know this forum exsisted and didnt consult here before a did my first wash and wax on my new car. Anyhow, I just applied a coat of liquid turtle wax after I washed it. Now I know just a little better. Tonight Im off to the the Harley dealer to pick up some S100. Is it ok to apply a quality wax over the Turtle junk after only a week?
Thanks for your input

Mike</HTML>
Re: forgive me
October 03, 2003 09:58PM
<HTML>TW doesn't last too long, but I would give the car a good was and use a mild surface prep like Meg's #9 (Pro line) or Liquid Crystal Paint Cleaner (Consumer Line).</HTML>

-ghost of a past detailer
Re: forgive me
October 04, 2003 02:05AM
<HTML>Mike-when you go to the Harley dealer, they also have a product called S100 shine enhancer. In fact, I think they have the entire P-21 line there, it's just called S100. Anyhow, get the shine enhancer. It's a creamy liquid that can either be applied by hand or with an orbital. It's purpose is to prepare the surface so that the S-100 will have better adhesion and be easier to apply. It's good stuff. I've used it and it does what it says. Make sure you do a thorough wash & dry, aply the shine enhancer and then wax. Your car will look beautiful when you're done and, depending on how you take care of it, have lasting protection and shine that could carry you through January-February or longer if you hand wash and stay out of the car washes.

Rod</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login