Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fogger Fragrances?

Posted by Dan loves tea 
Fogger Fragrances?
October 03, 2003 09:59PM
<HTML>Today I ordered a fogger...
We have never needed one until now because we have a tried and tested method of removing odours which is a 'special service' which we are renowned for in the area. Besides, they arn't commonly used in England, and none of our suppliers stock them.

But we have started doing quite a lot of work for a couple of insurance companies, and they just offered us a brand new Ford Galaxy to do. It caught fire, and we have to salvage as much of the interior as possible from smoke damage, the rest will be replaced with new stuff, then hopefully refitted into the car once we have cleaned and de-odourized it all.

So I bought a fogger and the various chemicals needed for smoke and flood damage.

I have heard that there are fragrances which smell like leather, and that you can even add a 'new car smell'.

Has anybody heard of these, tried these, or know where I can buy them?
If not... what else is good?

Also, if anybody has had any experience with smoke damage restoration, I would appreciate any tips...</HTML>
Re: Fogger Fragrances?
October 03, 2003 11:18PM
<HTML>I took a serious course not long ago for this purpose and it is rather involved. Bottom line for now, look up a company named Unsmoke and find there number or e-mail address and speak or write those guys. Trust me, you will be glad you did. Some odors are really bad at covering smoke while other are just right. Leather sent they make is unreal. It smells like new leather and is perfect for right after cleaning leather interior, it reallt sells the job right. Mint smell will not work with smoe for very long, citrus is the best but it smell like shite.
There are two basic foggers, wet and dry or smoke. For your needs with this car you will need a dry fogger and a solvent based product. There may be loads of e-mail about how bad this is but you have no other choice for longevity. I can and will explain why if need be but for now, look up unsmoke and call or write. Those guys, in my opinion, are the best. Thier product work and when you get the hang of it, you will have a new service or business to ad. I have and do.</HTML>
October 04, 2003 01:27AM
<HTML>I found the un-smoke web site earlier but held off calling them because they have no European agent. I was hoping to find a company that did.

Although, having said that, I have a sneaking suspicion that the company I am dealing with over here has something to do with them as they bought out a company called d-smoke where we used to get our products. They do some very very similar sounding products but they are aimed at people who fog fire damaged houses. As I said, foggers arn't much used in our industry in this country, so there are no car specific products like leather smells.

I have been recommended to buy a wet fogger by the company for the following reason. We were told to clean as much of the soot and tar from the inside of the vehocle as possible, but it's a given that we won't be able to remove all of it from inside the air ducts, door panels, under the dash, around the loom etc. So we fog it with a product caled 'Soot Seal' which bonds to the soot and tar and seals it like a varnish. Then we use 'Cherry' odour which masks the smell best (mint works best for covering the smell of drain water on flood damaged cars).
For all of these products, I need a wet fogger.

Anyway, thats what I have been told. If you have another suggestion, I'd be glad to hear why dry foggers and solvent based products are better.
Obviously, with a time limit I will have to go with what I have for the moment. But this stuff is so cheap... I am paying about US$500 for the kit Iv'e ordered and I figure I have enough chemicals to last me a year. It will pay for it's self on this first job.

And with so many people fitting after market CD changers, Amps, GPS, Playstations etc. there are plenty of expensive cars out there bursting into flames!</HTML>
October 04, 2003 04:32AM
<HTML>Everything you wrote about is true and will work. Cherry works very well, maybe even better than citrus, problem is that many folks have thi allergic reation to cherry smell and do not like it. Use it. It seems that the info you have been given goes right along with what I remember from the course. I assume you are in good hands. I have a wet fogger too for the cars that have an odor but it is not as bad as one wherein the owner sat and smoked in the car. I smoke, so I know the difference. The dry fogger works longer but it can damage interiors since the smoke is a solvent based product. I only use it once in a blue moon.
Let me know what else I can do to help.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login