Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Car Brite/chemistry

Posted by Phil Goode 
Car Brite/chemistry
October 10, 2003 02:57AM
<HTML>Recently I was speaking with a detailer who sales chemicals (not Bud) and during our chat I mentioned that I use Car brite stuff exclusively. Not because of loyality so much as I like the rep, and I like the results. Until I found this forum I was really more of a results guy. Now, methods of attaining those results as well as the reasoning behind the methods has captured my attention. But I digress....
The Man asked what I was using now for a cleaner on c/c and I told him about a car brite product called phaze glaze. he said it was a nice product but was ancient as it was invented for conventional paint and as a result did not work so well for c/c. I also use another one of the products, power pack, the lable on the bottle called it a conventional cleaner as well. I like these products a lot BUT I am curious, if these cleaners work so well but were really formulated for c/c, is ther another product that works even better than these do for c/c? Now, the second part of my already long-winded question...if there is a better product, what makes it better?

By the way, while on the phone I did make a purchase of the new durrmaid hot water extractor...I will keep you posted how it works. Since I am mobile and in serious shortage of space, I neede a really small machine and this fit the bill. Performance remains to be seen.</HTML>
Re: Car Brite/chemistry
October 10, 2003 03:06AM
<HTML>I'd suggest you stick with what you've got, phaze glaze works just fine on C/c finishes and if you like it don't worry about it. Phaze glaze is a current Car Brite product and any concerns about replacing it can be addressed by your rep, or if you prefer, Car Brite itself. Check out the web site! Some suggestions are; Crystal Shine as a cleaner/glaze, and Lazer Brite as a wax/sealer. Also Fast wax is an excelent marathon wax/sealer. All of course by Car Brite.</HTML>

&quot;Shhh...Da Doctor is Operatin!&quot;
October 10, 2003 03:57AM
<HTML>Phil we used Phaze Glaze and PowerPak, and while I wasnt a big fan of Phaze Glaze, I liked the Cutting Galze more. I do like PowerPak, can get some awesome results with it.</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:16AM
<HTML>While our company does offer a limited line of selected chemicals, let me set the record straight: DETAIL PLUS is an equipment company and not a chemical company.

As for the DurrMaid 1.5 gal tank heated extractor. We offer a similiar machine and I can tell you they work just fine, very well in fact. The downside of this type of machine is:

1. Size - with 1.5 gallons it is difficult to complete a dirty car with only one tank.

2. If you have to refill in the middle of a job it will take 10 to 15 minutes for the tank heater to heat up the solution.

Other than that the lift and cleaning abilities are excellent with ours or the DurrMaid.

Regards
bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 11, 2003 06:56AM
<HTML>Bud:

Tuffy Jr. right? That's still on my wishlist for upcoming inventory.

Also, the pnuematic (sp?) buffers and scrubbers you have, how much do they weigh? I'm looking to replace my HEAVY Milwaukee Hi-Speed with a nice light one (for boats only.) Will the scrubber work on the non-skid coating of the boat?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 11, 2003 12:25PM
<HTML>Brian:

Yes, the Tuffy Jr is our version of the DurrMaid style unit and it can be purchased for less than DurrMaid.

The air buffer is available in two versions:
a. Horizontal - $189 - 5lbs
b. Vertical - $229 - 2lbs

The rotary shampooer is $229 - 2lbs

The mini orbital waxer is $199 - 2lbs and you can wax a car in 5 to 7 minutes with this tool and no hand work required, reaches into all cracks and crevices.

Thanks for asking

Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login