Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No more buffing?

Posted by turbomangt 
No more buffing?
October 10, 2003 03:30AM
<HTML>Their is a detail shop a few miles from me that talks (brags even) about the fact he details every car by hand. He also claims he can remove swirls, and other defects completely by hand, using no machines. what do you guys think about that? gary</HTML>
Re: No more buffing?
October 10, 2003 04:06AM
<HTML>I have done this myself Gary and I believe you have the stuff you would need to do it. I will say this: MY ARM WAS SORE the next day, but I felt I had much better feel as I could gauge the pressure and friction. I would not do a beat up old oxidized clunker by hand but for my 1994 and my wifes 2001 it was great!</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:09AM
<HTML>Maybe he can , I did my wifes Nissan a few years ago by hand, and a few weeks ago by machine. The only difference was the this time it took me 4-5 hours, and last time it took me 2 days ! I'd like to see him remove acid rain marks by hand too...takes long enough with a buffer. He must have arms like tree trunks..

Jim.</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:11AM
<HTML>I seriously doubt you can achieve the same results by hand that you can with a high speed buffer.

What we need to know and see is the condition of the vehicle before and after the work.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 10, 2003 04:12AM
<HTML>I agree, I almost died trying to remove a nasty scratch and about 3000 dried on bugs!</HTML>
October 10, 2003 04:13AM
<HTML>It IS possible just like it's possible to walk from Portland to Seattle... but would you want to? I doubt he takes "all comers" for hand buffing.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login