Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Engine Detailing

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Engine Detailing
October 13, 2003 06:29AM
<HTML>I'd like to get everyones insight and procedures on engine detailing. How far down do you clean? What cleaners do you use? What dressings you prefer.

My procedure:

*After a customer drops off his/her car, I let the engine cool down to the touch with the hood open.
*If car is older, I spray WD-40 on the distributor & plugs.
*Next I pressure was entire underside of the hood (painted parts only)and the outer boundaries/jambs of the engine bay. I try to keep the spray pattern off any critical parts that could be affected from flooding or prevening start up.
*Then I spray Auto Magic's Red Hot on entire underside of hood, jambs, radiator, and every part of the engine. Let sit for about 2 minutes.
*Aggitate every part of underside and entire engine compartment with brush (I like the one that comes with a dust pan - long handle and stiff enough to clean but soft enough that won't scratch.)
*Finally, I use a hi pressure rinse, again keeping spray pattern away from critical components.

Within 10 seconds of rinse, I start the car and let it run for 10 minutes.

Again, after cool down, I use Auto Magic's EZ Rubber Concentrate. It's water based. My supplier says I'm the only one that orders this product. I love it. Then wipe off excess dressing, leaving entire engine area (hoses, rubber, wires, weather strippings, plastics) with a perfect satin shine.

I get down as far as the eye can see. A lot of people will spend 2 hours on the engine, getting down to the oil pan.

Anyone?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login