Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

paint overspray

Posted by ED & LINDA 
paint overspray
October 19, 2003 10:23AM
<HTML>Does anyone know how to get silver roof paint off of a vehicle.</HTML>
Re: paint overspray
October 20, 2003 02:31AM
<HTML>Have never tried to get roof paint off of a vehicle , so not too sure.

Try some 3m General Purpose Adhesive Reomove, have had some good results with this on various things, if you havent already tried clay bar etc .

Jim.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 02:47AM
<HTML>my standard procedure is to try using acrilic solvent and laqure thinner (which ever works best) and use a clay bar wether the solvent works or not. After all that a good buff job is deffinately nessesary.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 02:50AM
<HTML>What does roof paint look like? We use tarp, not paint here. Is this like road line (street) paint? If so, try mineral spirits.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 26, 2003 10:46PM
<HTML>DEPENDS ON HOW BAD THE OVER SRAY IT IS. IF IT IS LIKE SPOTS AND DROPS A PREP SOLVE FOLLOWED BY A CLAY BAR SHOULD WORK. IF IT IS ON LIKE PUDDLES TRY A HEAVY POLISH AND WORK YOUR WAY UP TO A COMPOUND, I HAD A JOB APPROX 2 WEEKS AGO WHERE THERE WAS WHITE PAINT ALL OVER THE TOP OF THE CAR WE HAD TO USE A 1500 COMPOUND TO GET IT OFF, AND SOME PLACES WE USED 800 GRIT COMPOUND, WE DID IT BY HAND AND HAD NO PROBLEM GETTING IT OFF</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
October 27, 2003 06:36AM
<HTML>Ed and Linda:

we had a similar experience at my employer about i month ago. A painting co. came out to paint the ceiling above some heat treating furnaces with a high temp silver paint, the same stuff they use on mobile home roofs. This stuff is supposed to withstand extreme temp and weathering so be careful. Well, being the rocket scientists they are they, in order for ventilation, left the ceiling exhaust fans on. It covered about 25 cars. if you had a similar situation chances are the paint was relatively dry before it hit the finish. if it is just specs all over you should be able to just use a clay bar and lubricant on the paint, and a good foaming glass cleaner and flat razor on the glass. if it is anything more than that, than i would verify the type of paint before attempting removal. If you can contact the paint manufacturer, sherwin williams , valspar, etc. they will have the info for proper removal. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
Eric</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login