Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stains in Interior

Posted by Duncan Carter 
Stains in Interior
October 19, 2003 06:31PM
<HTML>Does anyone have certain chemicals they use to get rid of most stains that they have come across, I would like to know what products you use?

I have tried different products and some stains still don't come out, I am trying to narrow down some good products to carry, help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Duncan</HTML>
Re: Stains in Interior
October 20, 2003 12:44AM
<HTML>Duncan:

Waited a long time before we came up with the stain remover line we offer, 6 different stain removers.

But it is not always the stain remover that is the problem, it is also the technique used.

We offer a Protein Stain Remover; Tar &
Grease Stain Remover; Pet Stain and Odor Neutralizer Remover; Red Dye & Juice Remover; Tannin Remover (coffee & tea) and a Rust Remover.

In my experience, if you follow the use instructions, they work. Keep in mind if someone has already put chemical on the stain it could have set it and you can't get it out. Also, the time the stain has been in the carpet has an affect on whether you can get it out.

See these removers at www.detailplus.com Detailing Supplies & Chemicals.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 20, 2003 03:43AM
<HTML>Good call Bud.

I especially love those calls when a girl says "I was driving, slammed on my brakes and spilled my soda all over the cars interior." Soda and coffee are my favorite stains to remove because they look like such a mess but clean up beautifully.

For basic stain removals I use Auto Magic's Special Concentrate Cleaner, Red Hot, a pre-spotter (from my commercial janitorial chemical store) and Xenit.

But I'd like to hear what other people use since I'm always willing to try different carpet products.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 21, 2003 12:29AM
<HTML>I use C-49 from Pro, Omni from Valugard, and a janitorial product called B-48 as a last resort.</HTML>
Re: Stains in Interior (new tool)
October 24, 2003 10:08AM
<HTML>I found that it really doesn't matter much what I use for chemicals a lot of them are the same. I use a concentrated all purpose solution by a guy from NJ called Rick ArKay. It is green and it does it all. If it can't get it out, then I call the dye guy. But it needs to be used with the Green Head tool that I use on all my interiors. This was an invention by some guys from NJ, and I tried it while they were working out the bugs, but it just hooks to the hose and the shop vac, and it turns the vac into an extractor. But it shoots the water on the inside of the head, and it adjusts, so it's like havin the hose right there too. I pick up big stuff out of the car, napkins, lollipops and stuff while I extract with it. I even did a headliner that was light blue, but the guy must have smoked cause it looked black at first. I paid over 100 bucks for it last year and I have a new one now. I use it on every interior I do now. I don't ever put a scrub brush in a car now. They got a website www.greenheadclean.com. I think there around 70 buks now.
If someone needs work done in NJ near Philly, send me an e-mail, I do work on the side.</HTML>
<HTML>Ive had contact with the green head tool people. Isnt it a little bulky with a water hose attached to it? How does it bend. I really dont understand the claim that it is like a extractor, seeing how it has no psi, or heat. Bill, I am not flaming you by any means. I would like to hear some more comments you may have on the product. Thank You</HTML>
October 25, 2003 03:53AM
<HTML>The Green Head is a nice little product if you cannot afford an extractor.

Basically it is a vacuum hose with an extractor nozzle on the end that you attach to a shop vacuum. The solution line (as you have in extractors) is then attached to a water hose to provide solution for the spray nozzle.

What you do is pre-spray the carpets or upholstery with chemical and then use this system to extract the chemical and dirt.

You are correct there is NO HEAT.

We had a similiar concept about 10 years ago we called the EXTRACT-O-KIT.

Looking at this we are thinking of offering a similar concept but with the solution line inside the vacuum hose so it is easier to use.

Then we will provide a 5 gallon stainless steel tank into which you can mix extractor shampoo and water; pressurize the tank and attach the tank line to the solution line.

Same concept. What do all of you with no EXTRACTOR think of this idea?

Regards
Buda</HTML>

buda
October 25, 2003 11:15PM
<HTML>bud
It would deffinately save space and be a more afordable solution...Thing is I like hot water...but I guess you could get that from the kitchen sink or something...

duncan
check with the chemical supliers in your area and see what they sugest. most will give you samples to try...usually for free...and find what works best..I havent found a product that will take care of everything..namely red dye stains and some coffee stains. I have heard they add dye to some coffee...like decaf. which may explain their stuborn-ness.</HTML>
October 25, 2003 11:42PM
<HTML>No problem with regard to hot water, all you have to do is connect the water hose to a hot water faucet and you have hot water.

We are working out the details of our unit which will be our Extractor-O-Kit resurrected from a few years back.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 12:41AM
<HTML>I go to the local Sprayway Carpet Care supplier in town.
They have EVERYTHING you could think of(and lots of stuff you have not thought ofsmiling smiley in stock, they are top of the line products, they are VERY knowledgable of the products and have GREAT RESULTS (best of all..., NO SHIPPINGsmiling smiley
Also try Magic Wand. Again..., great product, great prices, great service and if you are a detail shop, free samples too!!!</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 26, 2003 03:21AM
<HTML>I saw that Green Head website. Looks pretty neat but I would just go with the extractor and do the job right.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 26, 2003 03:34AM
<HTML>Gotta agree with Brian..., HWE's RULE!!</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login