Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

About Detail City

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Re: About Detail City
October 23, 2003 08:34PM
<HTML> Rober H Says: "I just don't understand what is unclear to you."

I will make it clear for you then.
Censorship

According to Marriam Webster the word means the practice of censoring.

Censor (get this) an official (as in time of war) who reads communication (as letters) and delets material considered harmful to the interests of his orginization.

Rules or no rules. I dissagree with censorship. For the record, I have no idea what was writen, I don't care. I do not frequent Detail City. I have no issue with Robert, Anthony or Dwayne. I have issue with censorship.

And for the record, if a topic like this one is too deep to discuss here, I wonder how some might handle this topic when a customer in the shop breaches the subject.

Bud dissagrees with a lot of opinions here, he also gets bashed for doing it. I have tried much of what Bud has said, and I have found everything so far to be of real value. Especially the things some have dissgreed with.

Whethor the forum is a public forum or a private, the word used (forum) has meaning, otherwise it is useless as a word. And Robert, you are right, my use of the word not only implies public, that is the very definitiojn of the word. If we are going to split hairs over trivial subjects like who knows more than whom on chemestry, then censhorship has a place in this forum as a topic too. Your right to engage or stay out of it is a right real humans have died for. Are these very rights to be abused by the self serving?

Until I read the posts (if they are still there) then I will not have a real educated opinion on what happened there. I offered none.

Many posts here have much bashing and insulting contained, I skip most of it. However, it remains and so do the authors...well, one has left but that author also had misinformation which could be damaging. To my knowledge, no one has been banned since I have been here. I will correct myself if I learn otherwise.

And fianlly, I have tried in every post I've writen to be considerate and friendly. On occasion even take a stab at humor. I have not intentionally offended anyone, nor taken any shots. I do not try to sound or read smarter than or dumber than anyone. I would appreciate the same respect. I like beeing here, it is one of the highlights of my day. If you fail to understand me, I am only partly to blame.</HTML>
October 23, 2003 11:02PM
<HTML>Phil:

Very well said. I will speak of this one last time and be done with this topic:

Nothing was negatively said nor spoken on a Detail City forum by me. I did, however, speak my mind (on this forum) of what I saw on Detail City, just because everyone else was talking negatively about it so I thought I'd share my experience.

While reading posts on the Detail City forums, I saw a lot of immaturity and joking irrelevant to what the topic was - "Professional Detailing." However, I did see a few posts that were interesting and could be helpful and in return I'd give my experience and see if I could help, so I subscribed to the thread via email. I would get a response from a poster in my email and would post back with help or a suggestion.

After suggesting Auto Magic is when I was banned. If that's not the reason then I don't know why. While I posted on the forum I never "bashed, insulted, etc" anyone or anybody on there. I did offer Bud my user name/password so he can post there as well since he was banned. Why would Bud Abraham, of all people, be banned from a forum?? He has helped everyone who needs help and gave advice to anyone in need. Same goes for myself.

And who ever said criticism is bad? All it's ever been for me was helpful. So lets be done with this "battle of the forums" and talk about the detailing industry.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 23, 2003 11:18PM
<HTML>Gotta agree...,
If it is censored..., then it's only propaganda.</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 24, 2003 09:58AM
<HTML>Please Gentlemen can we stop this? These forums are for discussing automobile detailing not word definitions, bashing other forums/products, degrading fellow detailers, etc. I use numerous detailing sites to continue my education in detailing and to share my knowledge of detailing with others and to have others share their knowledge with me. This site has always been one of my favorites but it is not the only good one. In fact myself and others have on several occasions left for a period of time because of threads such as this which just go on and on about nothing. Everyone has an opinion about everything but that does mean it all has to discussed within this forum. I have found that on several occasions I have disagreed with something someone says or does on numerous forums but I do not bash them or their ideas on the forum......I send them a personal email. Sooooooooo, Anyone want to talk about detailing or should I simply go elsewhere for a while until this rant and rave is over? Well I must get off to work.......some of us actually detail for a living you know. PLEASE email any comments to me personally if you desire rather than continuing this worthless thread. Thanks and Happy Detailing to all , Ron</HTML>
October 24, 2003 02:10PM
<HTML>Ron:

Excellent posting to which I completely concur. This is one of the better and more professional forums on the internet and most active. And, until recently has been basically FREE of gossip and personal attacks.

This business with Detail City has gotten out of hand and is taking it's toll on the forum. As I suggested a few days back, participants simply have to just ignore the comments about them personally or Detail City and it will go away as many other divisive things on this forum have.

Remember when people make comments here it is about principles not personalities. Most of what people say here is not personal but simply differing opinions. Too often people take a disagreement with what they say as a personal attack and it is not.

As you say, if you have something personal to say do it direct to the individual.

We are not perfect and we make mistakes, but we try.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 24, 2003 08:21PM
<HTML>I agree..., stop making so many posts about nothing and let the thread die..., just stop replyingsmiling smiley</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 24, 2003 10:12PM
<HTML>Yep, I agree. Lets just stop replying to this thread guys.</HTML>
October 24, 2003 10:43PM
<HTML>No, I am going to reply. You may use your right not to just as I will use my right to. THAT us exactly the point.

If what Brian writes here is true then he has been censored, and some here think that is fine, others do not. I am in one of these catogories. I do not want to bash, or be bashed. I want to discuss whatever detailers that are here wish to discuss as it pertains to detailing., In my mind this thread fits perfectly and I woulkd like to explain why.

I have many regular customers that have thier cars washed or waxed weekly, bi weekly or once a month. The weekly and bi weekly customers have days that I stop by. Some of the semi regular customers just call, they call and then expect me to be available the same day. Some times that is not possible. I have to place principles before personalities in every aspect of my life. My principles allow me to stop and realize I do now know everything and I need to deliver the respect of people, thier time, thier opinions, thier hopes and dreams, and thier time as I expect from them. Unfortunately, I am frequently dissapointed. However, I do not disregard my customers rights to be busy and to live thier life as they see fit. In appling the principles I speak of, my profit margin grows as my customer base is outgrowing my ability to keep up. And it has NOTHING to do with how good my chemicals are. It is because the principles are in place to deal with people on all levels. Do we not, as detailers, have to deal with people?</HTML>
October 25, 2003 12:41AM
<HTML>Phil:

Well said.

How are you managing your clientel growth. I'm experiencing the same thing as you. It gets hard to keep up but I manage. Every April I get hit with 3-5 calls for boat detailing every week. Now I'm talking big boats, not little fishing boats. The people at the clubs don't mind waiting for me since they know I have a waiting list...first call first serve. But I feel rushed even though I know they won't go elsewhere since they're loyal cutomers.

Do you have employees? I'm going to have to hire next spring but then I'll be able to do multiple dealerships.

Where are you located again?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 28, 2003 06:31PM
<HTML>Phil

Do a search on this forum. Type in "webmaster" in the search, check posts by author, and then highlight #4. You'll see for yourself that some have been banned from this forum. Some webmasters choose to stop problems before they start, others choose to let things work themselves out. It's the webmaster's call. Not really sure whether it has anything to do with "censorship" or not, maybe just respect for others?

Gary</HTML>
October 28, 2003 06:50PM
<HTML>BTW

You'll have to change the search to "all dates".

Gary</HTML>
October 28, 2003 07:18PM
<HTML>That's a dead issue here at the web move on to something elseGary's Spit-n-Shine wrote:
>
> Phil
>
> Do a search on this forum. Type in "webmaster" in the search,
> check posts by author, and then highlight #4. You'll see for
> yourself that some have been banned from this forum. Some
> webmasters choose to stop problems before they start, others
> choose to let things work themselves out. It's the
> webmaster's call. Not really sure whether it has anything to
> do with "censorship" or not, maybe just respect for others?
>
> Gary</HTML>
October 29, 2003 05:38PM
<HTML>DELON

If it was a dead issue, (and I agree that it is, just wanted to point out some true FACTS as others do here), why did you open, read and respond to my post?</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login