Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3M Prep pads .

Posted by Jim Hammill 
3M Prep pads .
October 23, 2003 02:47AM
<HTML>anyone ever used < a href="[products3.3m.com] </a>. They are cleaning pads that Ford reccomend for cleaning leather.

Jim.</HTML>
Re: 3M Prep pads .
October 23, 2003 02:48AM
<HTML>damm it ...

<a href="[products3.3m.com]; pads</a></HTML>
October 23, 2003 11:40AM
<HTML>It doesn't post a price, any idea? Gary</HTML>
October 23, 2003 01:02PM
<HTML>Hopefully I will find out today, I'll let you know .

Jim.</HTML>
October 23, 2003 01:28PM
<HTML>Jim & Gary:

Just an opinion, my experience is that anything from 3M is about 30% higher than you could buy from another supplier.

The only thing they have that other companies cannot copy is the waffle foam pad. Since they enforced their patented and forced all other pad manufacturers to stop producing it, its use among detailers has reduced to almost nothing.

Be careful when looking at 3M products, they are big; they are good; they are marketers and they are expensive as a result. You might remember Joe Namath's famous statement, "If you go it, flaunt it." In my opinion they do with price.

Just some well intentioned thoughts

Regards
Bud Abraham

PS: The best thing to clean interior vinyl and leather with is a simple Scrubbie Pad,as I call it. Others call it the bug scrubber. It is a sponge covered with a teflon netting. The sponge holds the chemical and the net provides the aggressiveness to clean leathers and vinyls. When it gets dirty just wash it out or spray in more chemical and squeeze it.

It costs less than $1.00 per pad.</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 06:58PM
<HTML>I use something like that but i go to body shop and buy the white scratch pad cut in halves soak in warm water but they work great</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login