Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TRIMONEX???

Posted by Bud Abraham 
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TRIMONEX???
October 17, 2004 02:18PM
<HTML>A few months ago the forum was ablaze with talk about TRIMONEX and how great it was.

As a result, we developed a product, TRIM & TIRE GLAZE, that was an alternative to TRIMONEX and send out about 20 samples.

Since then we got few replies back, only one sale.

No one using TRIMONEX any longer? Why? Why not?

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TRIMONEX???
October 22, 2004 12:24AM
<HTML>The sample we recieve has helded up thru 3 weeks of rain. Could never get a price!</HTML>
October 22, 2004 01:45AM
<HTML>Jason:

What do you mean, held up thru 3 weeks of rain? In the mail? That it rained 3 weeks in your area?

You never asked me for a price. If you review some old posts on the subject I indicated that the price would be $28.95 and $14.95 for a 1/2 gallon.

Irrelevant now as we have decided not to offer the product due to the lack of response from detailers.

Same thing happened with 8,000 grit and 10,000 grit sandpaper. We sent out some samples, everyone was hot on it. I found a good supplier and then it also died.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 23, 2004 11:01PM
<HTML>All due respect, I did ask for the price and the answer I recieved was tell me how much you need. You personally left the message on my voice mail. We applied the glaze to half of the molding on a jeep wrangler. The glaze that was applied has held up thru 3 weeks of TN rain. I kid you not it has rained here 18 days, out of the last 21 days. Dealers would pay 45 dollars to glaze the trim and bumpers.

8,000 and 10,000 grit sand paper what is it used for. We have had several request on repairing plastic windows?</HTML>
October 24, 2004 04:49PM
<HTML>Ive been contacted from Keith on purchasing some. Are you going to carry it or not? jennyp@bellsouth.net Thanks. Jason</HTML>
November 18, 2004 03:39AM
<HTML>Bud What was the story on the 8000 & 10000 grit sandpapers? Where can I get more info on their use and results? Thanks</HTML>
November 18, 2004 07:58AM
<HTML>In 8,000 & 10,00 grit sandpaper as well as the Trimonex alternative I sent numerous samples of both out to detailers and had to followup numerous times before getting a small response from those who asked for samples.

In the end, however, there was so little interest that it made no sense to inventory sheets of the 8,000 and 10,000 paper which, by the way, could be used in some situations in lieu of compound to correct scratches, etc in paint finishes.

The same with the Trimonex alternative. We produced about 2 gallons of the product in the laboratory and sent it out as samples to over 30 detailers who wanted it and liked the price compared to Trimonex.

But in the end only about 2 people wanted to buy the product and only one gallon.

In order to produce this Trimonex alternative we need to make a minimum batch of 220 gallons.

If we could get orders for at least 50 gallons I would be willing to produce it.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 18, 2004 03:17PM
<HTML>What is the price per gallon for Trimonex</HTML>
November 20, 2004 12:16AM
<HTML>Bud

I would b interested in the Trimonex substitute. How long do u think it would last typically. Also in regard to the 8000 grit paper, what specifically would it be used for? If it is a possible substitute for compound and buffing, why would u use the sandpaper instead? I'm just trying to determine if I want to get some paper to try. Thanks again.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login