Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Paint Sealant

Posted by Marty 
Paint Sealant
October 23, 2003 10:27PM
<HTML>I am new to this site and I am looking for some professional advise.

Who makes a durable paint sealant?

I want a good product that realy seals the paint.

I have used Prema, Moc, Body armor, ETC.</HTML>
Re: Paint Sealant
October 23, 2003 11:18PM
<HTML>Marty:

Welcome to the forum. As far as who makes a durable sealant, there is a wide choice range.

Auto Magic has some called "Paint Sealant" and "Seal-It"

Detail Plus has one called "Diamond Plus" (Talk to Bud A. on here)

Stoner has one called "Poly Seal"

Good choice in a sealant over a wax.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 26, 2003 01:51PM
<HTML>marty

I have one suplier that I get my products from. There are about 5 here. The one i use carries more than one line of procucts with good selection and service..
I would say find your suplier and find out what he has to offer...get some samples...use them on your car....divide the hood and trunk into sections..make a diagram so you dont forget what was where....You could follow the directions on the products but some may require a few more than your willing to do...So I would do all the prep the same as you would in real life..apply the products the same as you would in real life..most say either by hand or orbital will be fine...make sure you use a clean aplicator for each product..(no mixing)....
This gives you control of the process with the exception of environmental conditions later...they will all be the same...washing will be the same...everything will pretty much be the same except the product....I promise you will find one you like....I will guess most will be about the same with a couple exceptions.

Find the one with the desired results your looking for and has the price your looking for...I have found less expensive sealants that work better than expensive ones..get the most bang for your buck....and good luck.</HTML>
October 26, 2003 02:26PM
<HTML>Oh yea

while Im thinking about it....There are differnt types of sealant...some with teflon which equals no added protection usually for additional price.
Some have silicon
some have wax (carnuba)
some have both
some have none
the ones with silicon and or wax will usually give a higher shine right NOW..but will decrease in a short period...I prefer a non-silicon/wax sealant.
2 reasons why.

1. I measure sucess NOW and down the road...I dont want the initial shine to wear off in a week or 2 leaving the customer thinking the protection is gone.
2. I dont know what effect they have on the ability for the sealant to bond. but if you use a compound, glaze, polish or what ever first that has silicon/wax in it then all bets are off anyway..hehehe

Now your really confused.....sorry....Just keep these things in mind and use the process i sugested before and you should do fine..It can take years to find a product or combination of products you like...Then something else will come along....dont lose to much sleep over it..</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login