Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ruby Glaze

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Ruby Glaze
October 25, 2003 12:48AM
<HTML>Can anyone tell me who makes Ruby Glaze (if you ever heard of it) and if they still make it? The supplier who sold it to me is gone and noones heard of it.

I know I have better products to use than the Ruby Glaze but this was a staple in my operation years ago and would love to add it to my line of polishes.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Ruby Glaze
October 25, 2003 12:08PM
<HTML>Brian:

All you need for chemicals are:

Heavy compound for single stage paint and gel coats
Medium compound - same as above
Light compound - for moderate problems on clears
Micro Fine compound - for light correction problems on clears

Swirl remover/polish

Paint sealant or wax

Why would you need to have another product? What is Ruby Glaze? A compound; polish; swirl remover; wax?

Normally a glaze is a non-silicone, non-wax swirl remover (body shop safe).

Focus on the business of detailing not the technical side as much. Which will bring in the dollars?

BUDA</HTML>

buda
October 25, 2003 08:19PM
<HTML>Hi Bud:

The Ruby Glaze is a pure polish and worked great when I used it. I know I have better products now but would still be nice to have it added to my line. It especially made dark colors look wet when done polishing. Just wanted to try it again. Not looking to switch.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 25, 2003 10:05PM
<HTML>Brian:

Thanks for the reply. I would say you could get another product from any supplier that meets that requirement. However, I would use a final product to get that "wet look" rather than a polish. If you mean by polish a swirl remover?

Regards
BUD A</HTML>

buda
October 25, 2003 10:05PM
<HTML>Brian:

Thanks for the reply. I would say you could get another product from any supplier that meets that requirement. However, I would use a final product to get that "wet look" rather than a polish. If you mean by polish a swirl remover?

Regards
BUD A</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 03:19AM
<HTML>Bud:

A polish is a swirl remover right? Thats what I was taught. I do use a paste wax or a sealant as final finsh always. But I do have a wax (Wet Wax by AM) for the wet look but thought Ruby would be a good addition. I don't need it, just thought I'd try it again. No biggie.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 26, 2003 04:31AM
<HTML>Brian, for reds I always liked butter wax by car brite. I used back when I had no real idea of what was what. I just remember it had an incredible shine that looked wet! My C/B guy had some on the truck the other day, I almost bought it too. Then it hit me, whatever it was that made it look wet MUST be in one of the waxes, polishes or sealants I currently have on board. I was right. Water. Sorry, ....my final finish seemed to work as well. BUT I can send ya some butter wax if ya want it.</HTML>
October 26, 2003 05:20AM
<HTML>Phil:

Same situation I was in. When I first started out on my own, I used the ruby glaze and loved it. Then after experience and learning, I settled with Auto Magic. But I was thinking the other day about trying it again, I guess just for the memories of just starting out. If I'm ever in a bad mood when doing a car, I'll go spray some Magic Dressing on the wall and smell it. Sounds psychotic I know, but that smell of the dressing (berry smell) brings back good memories of when I first entered this industry. A little reminiscing is always good. Ruby Glaze had a certain smell to it as well. So I suppose thats the reason I'm looking for it.

For that deep wet look on the dark colors, I use Auto Magic's New Car Glaze. Then I follow up with te EZ Paste Wax, Wet WAx or sealant.

As for the Butter Wax, sure I'll try it. I'm always looking to diversify.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 27, 2003 06:18AM
<HTML>Phil,

next time you speak with car-brite ask them about GLO Wax. Both of those products contain high amounts of silicone as im sure you can tell by looking at it before you shake it. Not body shop safe either. the glo wax for whatever reason is an unlisted product. it is about 85-90% solvents and/or silicone and a little bit of carnuba. not very much durability IMO. the only thing use it on now is wheels on occasion. The only product I still use of theirs is the sleek glaze. Then again just my experience.

Eric</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login