Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

advice

Posted by mike lambert 
advice
February 27, 2002 10:46PM
i had a visit from the meguirs rep yesterday and he left some samples of the detailers line of products. some i like very much ,others i can pass on.first off ,has anyone used this line before,and how do you likr them,and second ,he asked me to try his diamond cut compound and the machine glaze for correcting problems,and follow with the #26 wax. any opinions?

thanks
mike at the shine shop
Re: advice
February 28, 2002 04:12AM
We use the Meguiar's line of products on a weekly basis & haven't run along any problems except for their Tire Endurance tire gel.
February 28, 2002 02:52PM
Don is the expert on Meguires...I have used the glaze #7 and #26 liquid wax. Both products worked well. I have heard that the "body Shop" professional line Megquires has is better than anything else they make. I ordered some but haven't got it in yet....

February 28, 2002 03:54PM
The diamond cut cleaner, #3 machine glaze and the #7 show car glaze are my personal favorites. I have used them for years without any complaints. I also agree with Toddco, stay away from their tire gel.
March 01, 2002 07:41AM
WHY ISN'T THE TIRE GEL ANY GOOD?
March 01, 2002 08:16AM
It doesn't live up to their aspects that they mentioned on the hype of promoting their product. It takes about half the bottle on one application on one tire to see any results that you want to achieve. In the next washing, the tires will turn brown & they promote of this not happening at all while using their product. You might as well just start spraying on some semi gloss paint on your tires & get the same results as their tire gel tire endurance.

I used their product for six weeks & they had to refund my money back with no questions asked. They asked me what was wrong with the product, I laughed & didn't know where to start at.
Dan
March 02, 2002 01:03AM
I use the diamond cut very often with a 3M waffle pad. I use the Speed Glaze even more often with a auto magic blue pad. In my opinion the red bottle and detailer line of products are a waste of time. After trying several compounds and polishes, meguairs has won the war, very user friendly and not much dust created (from the Body Shop line). Test several different brands and you will see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login