Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What can you tell me about "Nu Finish"?

Posted by Tim M. 
<HTML>A friend has this stuff in their garage which they have not used and I'm curious as to whether or not it's worth trying. I've never heard of it, so I couldn't whether it's bogus. I will copy the back of the bottle below.

It's called "Nu Finish, the once a year car polish" and claims to need "no rubbing, no buffing" and supposedly was "Rated #1 wax-free liquid by Consumer Magazines"
Independant tests have proven that Nu Finish will beadm shine and protect for a whole year... even after 52 automatic car washes!

Nu Finish contains absolutely no wax. It won't scratch your clear coat finish. It's so amazing you can even apply it in direct sunlight. There's no other formula like it! It's guaranteed!

ALL-WEATHER PROTECTION even against road chemicals and oxidation.
OTHER USES: Fiberglass boats, RV's and motorcycles. Also polishes chrome surfaces.

DIRECTIONS: 1. Wash and dry car. 2. Shake well and apply with a damp cloth, one section at a time. 3. Let dry to a haze and wipe off with clean, soft cloth. For maximum protection, apply second in 30 days.

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Guaranteed to shine and last longer than any other car polish or treatment, regardless of price, or return unused portion to place of purchase for full refund.

NOTE: Do not use on vinyl, metalized plastic trim, simulated wood, rubber, or flat paint. KEEP FROM FREEZING

CAUTION: Containing petroleum distillates.

1995 Reed 0Union Corporation
Chicago, Illinois 60611

Made in U.S.A.

Stock No NF-76</HTML>
Re: What can you tell me about &quot;Nu Finish&quot;?
October 28, 2003 02:26AM
<HTML>It is a "miracle" product that attempts to fix blemishes by covering them up. Cover your car in mineral oil and it will look like new too! It is plain old silicone. The solvent cleans a little too. Bad idea...</HTML>
October 28, 2003 12:43PM
<HTML>It has a high solvent/cleaner content and it's durability leaves a lot to be desired. There are much better "low end" products out there.</HTML>

-ghost of a past detailer
October 28, 2003 04:04PM
<HTML>Tim:

If you believe these claims I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you at a good price. And I will give you a gallon of our DIAMOND PLUS Sealant at no charge. That only lasts for up to 6 months.

NU Finish was developed, I believe, by the makers and marketers of Tarnex, the wonder chemical to remove tarnish from silver.

It is not a quality product, I believe we tested it in our Wax and Sealant test in the late 1980's and it was way down on the list in terms of durability.

Stick with professional products if you are going to be a DIY er.

BUD A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login