Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who sells stuff?

Posted by turbomangt 
Who sells stuff?
October 28, 2003 12:58PM
<HTML>I need some help with my web site design as it relates to selling products. I started a basic line of 6 items and I'm getting lots of orders, but I feel I'm getting tied into the computer. What happens is people e mail me with questions, (one message) then they place an order (2 messages) then I have to e mail them back with a price with shipping (3 messages) Then I try to sell them something else while I have their attention (4 messages) I thought about using a form in the computer to calculate the total, but shipping is tough. Any combination of products can change to total based on weight. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would appreciate it. Gary</HTML>
Re: Who sells stuff?
October 28, 2003 01:46PM
<HTML>Gary, you can use a form on the website , you'l probably just have to calculate the weight of each single item . There are ways of doing it so the website will calculate it all for you .

Just as a thought , how about selling a kit ? Say one bottle of sealant, 5 mf towels, one MF waffle towel etc, that way you'll selll more every time, and you'll already know your shipping cost each time. You could sell them in a display case with your company name on it ?

Jim.</HTML>
October 30, 2003 03:09AM
<HTML>Gary:

Do you sell a lot of stuff on your website? How do you promote your website? Since winter is slow for me here in Jersey, I'd like to sell some "weekend detailing kits." Especially for Christmas time.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 30, 2003 01:12PM
<HTML>Jim, great idea I think I will give it a try. I also thought of using a 3 tier method of shipping. Say $15 and under is $6.95 S&H $16-30 is $9.95 and over $30 is $12.95 I have my web master putting in a form so people can print it, fill it out, and mail it to me with payment. That is the easiest way for me right now. Brian, I have been fortunate. Sometime when I have a few hours to kill I will post you on all the thinigs I've done with my business. The reason I have been successful selling products is based on 2 key elements. One, I started public car care clinics last year, I just finished my100th class. I get a turn out of between 20-75 people. (plus I get paid from $175-250) not bad for a hour and a half. Then I sell my products after the class is over (usually around $200-300 worth of sutff) Plus I get exposure to my web site, and they tell a friend and so on. I'm also the on line detail editor on the PT Cruiser Forum which is Global and has 10's of thousands of hits on it. That is a huge part of my product movement. I just started posting on the Mercedes Forum now, starting to get business from that now as well. I could go on for hours, Oh, I have helped 3 people from this forum and detail city on how to start these detail clinics in thier town. If you are interested, hit me up through my web site, and I would be glad to help. Gary > www.perfectautofinish.com</HTML>
October 31, 2003 01:02AM
<HTML>Gary:

I must say your website is much hip than mine. I like the Macromedia animation. If your webmaster can make the size of the viewing box bigger than I'd say you'll have the best detailing site I've seen. By all means let me know what help you can offer on detailing classes. I'm going to talk to my cousin to see if he wants to start "How-To" classes at the dealership but not sure how well that'll go with the dealership owners. Plus, the guy from Auto Magic comes down once a year but that's basically for new products and techniques. That's pretty smart with the onther forums. Especially the high-end car ones. You gave me an idea! Keep in toucj with the ideas.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login