Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How do you advertise ?

Posted by Jim Hammill 
How do you advertise ?
November 04, 2003 01:38AM
<HTML>How do people here advertise their business , other than a yellow book listing/word of mouth/web-site?

Radio, Cable, Newspaper ?

Which ones work the best and what other methods work well ? Coupons ? Flyers? Direct Mail ?

Just want some honest information on what works the best for people with fixed bays ?

Also, how did you launch your business , just start it up and go ? Or did anyone have like a press release in the local paper or an open day ? Some of the local radio stations here will bring out a remote and broadcast from your business for a few hours, waiting for a call back on the price for this .

Thanks in advance .

Jim.</HTML>
Re: How do you advertise ?
November 04, 2003 01:10PM
<HTML>Jim, first thing to remember is the best advertising is free advertising. You might ask, how do you get that done? Well, if you start your business with something unique, that the media feels the public wants, they will find you. Such is my story. When I started my detailing clinics, the first class attracted 65 people, an attendence record for a first run class at this library. When I get hired to do a class, I tell each and every facility that the most successful classes in terms of attendence are the ones that advertise and promote the class. So guess what happens next. They each do a press release. Plus a mailer to ALL of the residence in that town. I would say I have had over 1 million FREE flyers sent out on my class and company, and I didn't pay a dime. Figure the average town that has a Library, has a population of around 100,000 people, that adds up fast. Combine that with a press release and you really saturate the market. It didn't take long before a few reporters found out about my class, called me up and did a story on my company. MORE FREE ADVERTISEMENT. If you go to my web site, you can read them all. Now I don';t worry about advertising, I get all the business I can handle. In fact I had to hire some help, something I didn't want to do, but how have no choice. It is a good life. Like Bud said, no matter what business you are in it is all about marketing. Here is something that will blow your mind. I was at a shopping mall a few weeks ago, and a guy stopped me and said, excuse me sir, "are you the detail guy that was on cable TV a few nights ago? I was embarrassed, but I said yes it was. It seems they run my detailing class every so often on local cable TV, I make sure the camera was on my sign when they recorded it , showing my web site and contact info as well. Pretty cool. Now I have to figure out the next level. Gary</HTML>
Re: How do you advertise ?
November 06, 2003 03:55AM
<HTML>nice going, good method</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login