Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

detailing a box truck

Posted by mikesdetailsalon 
detailing a box truck
August 24, 2006 09:52PM
Okay, I have a 14 ft box truck coming in next week. What should I consider when providing a quote for the job and what the best methods, materials that has been used with success.

I haven't seen the truck but it is white. I know I need to start with a great wash and get the contaminents off the painting surface, however, what do I use to polish, seal and protect....what products have you all used in your experience. Any information that you can provide is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sam Robinson
Mike's Mobile Detail Salon
1722 Paris Road suite C
Columbia, Missouri 65202
telephone: 573-356-3037
email: mikes.detail.salon@gmail.com
Re: detailing a box truck
August 25, 2006 12:25AM
Sam : One way to price big vehicles is by the foot. I imagine some sort of construction scaffold would be a good tool to own or rent. Make sure your ladder is sturdy and will be set on level pavement.

You might want to consider applying Meguiar's #40 or other dressing to wheel wells and tires with a garden sprayer.

Expect to need a harsh degreaser and/or All Purpose Cleaner for caked-on crud in lower areas and engine compartment.

An assortment of tools with broomstick handles will speed things up:
1) Truck brush
2) Long-handled wash mop.
3) Patio brush for wheel wells.
4) Plastic sponge mop from dollar store to apply wax.
5) RV bug scrubber for windshield.

If the owner wants durability, use a good sealant. If he wants shine, I like Mother's original in liquid form. A one-step product is the quikest way.
If the paint requires a compounding/polishing/wax process, the price may need to go up a hundred or so.
You'll likely spend a day in the sun so wear a boonie hat and sunblock ( long sleeves recommended.
Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login