Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heated Water

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Heated Water
November 10, 2003 06:36AM
<HTML>My sister-in-law works for FedEx and is outting a good word in for me for doing twilight powerwashing. The people who do this go to the FedEx facility and powerwash all the trucks twice a week.

My question is, how can I do this during the winter months without having the water freeze? Is there an additive to use in the watertank.

I know heated water is a must but this will eventually freeze.

Any suggestions?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Heated Water
November 10, 2003 06:38AM
<HTML>Forgot to add that FedEx may be letting the powerwashers go soon since they do a half ass job.

Beside heated water and the spot free rinse, what else is needed?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 10, 2003 03:44PM
<HTML>My first thought is to see if they will let you use a bay or some indoor space in their garage. They may be inclined to do so since you would be working after hours and they must know that the water will only freeze as soon as it hits the cold surface of the vehicle.

Otherwise, is there any kind of a heater you could put in your tank and plug into your cig lighter to heat the water while you're driving there? Or a heater you could run off a small genny if you have one?

I don't see how you can power wash outside when it's below freezing, especially when it gets real cold, like below 20!!! How does the water not freeze before or upon immediate contact with the cold surface?

Maybe that Mr. Clean set up that was talked about on another thread is the way to go, lol!!</HTML>
November 11, 2003 12:37AM
<HTML>Rod:

That was my concern about the water freezing. Need to know if there is an anti-freeze chemical I can add to the water in the tank so it won't freeze as it air dries.

They wouldn't be able to let me do it indoors since it's just a stop by, powerwash and go. Plus, that would be too time consuming to move all the trucks. Would be nice though.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 11, 2003 06:40PM
<HTML>brian becarefull when you get into this bussiness there is a company out there call fleetwash which specializes in this bussiness. they are a high volume cheap washing company. a tractor trailer going rate is $10 full tractor and trailer wash once a week. there price is $7 plus they use an acid alkaline wash system. they throw up acid on the truck then wash it down with alkaline they pay there employees $6 an hour and use convicts on work release programs so nj subsidises there expense. so if you were to get the job they will come in and beat your price. 2. you need to collect your water $3000 for a basic water recovery unit. 3. in cold water applications you need to wash with water 150 degrees use a butt load of soap because the soap will not work as good b/c its cold. any questions call me or email me</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
November 11, 2003 09:41PM
<HTML>Brian, a friend back in Alabam where I first got into this uses a thing called bucket heater. He submerges the heater into his water tank and plugs it in. They are usually under a hundred bucks. The water temp is adjustable within certain ranges and really makes a difference.He washes cars in the winter-outside in 20 degree weather. His butt gets vold but the water does just fine. Also, hot water pressuer washers are not that expensive. All you need is the heater and with it, your cleaning jobs are easier. Fed Ex, UPS were both accounts and they want reliabole people who will show up, clean well and smell good. They will want you to be able to answer the phone when they call and not bitch about late checks. Show up and clean. Once a year you can upsale a paint sealnt for the front ends of the trucks. Wet sand scatches, touch up, are great upsales too. Good luck.
Oh yeah, they also end up letting you detail the workers cars.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login