Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Chamer or BBB?

Posted by Phil Goode 
Chamer or BBB?
November 12, 2003 04:37AM
<HTML>I live in a small town with many other small towns near by. I am looking for way to network and am wondering if any of you joined the chamber or BBB and found it to be productive for new business?</HTML>
Re: Chamer or BBB?
November 12, 2003 04:40AM
<HTML>The Chamber of Commerce is the best way to go for networking with other professionals. The BBB is just a certification of excellent customer service shall a problem arise.

With the Chamber, you will be with other professionals looking to exchange trades or conduct business.

The BBB is a for a customer's security and comfort, knowing they're doing business with a company that cares about them and they're business.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 12, 2003 04:42AM
<HTML>Phil, done some research myself in to this. I think the chamber is your best bet , my local one has regualr monthly meetings, and at your first meeting, the host wil go around and introduce you to everyone, particualry people who may want or need your services . They also have a trade directory that is given out to all of it's members etc.

Jim.</HTML>
November 12, 2003 04:50AM
<HTML>Chamber, definitely, Phil. I joined my local chamber and they're constantly having events. Like business luncheons with guest speakers and they have a golf outing and regular mixers which are big networking events where you mingle and pass out your cards, make contacts, etc. They also have regional mixers a couple times/year where members from other chambers get together at a big event and network over cocktails & horse ovaries (hors d' ouvres as they're more politely known, lol) and you usually pick up a couple customers.

What's even better to join are networking organizations like BNI or even local ones. I belong to one called Local Business Network and the members refer business to one another and recruit new members. Very low pressure plus you get to know people on a more personal level. Very good for getting business referrals, but you do have to reciprocate.</HTML>
November 12, 2003 01:47PM
<HTML>Is their a charge to join the Chamber? Gary</HTML>

&quot;Clean cars drive better&quot; www.perfectautofinish.com
November 12, 2003 10:18PM
<HTML>Gary, yes there is . Ours is about $300 a year. Will probably very from Chamber to Chamber. As I will be joining mine half way through the year, they will knock half off the price.

Jim.</HTML>
November 12, 2003 10:37PM
<HTML>Here are some of the things our Chamber offers.

PM Exchanges. Monthly networking open houses held at member locations.

Trade show held each year.

The Chamber here charges $273 per year membership, this is %89 deductible as a business expense.

They also offer mailing lists to key buyers in the area at a price .

They also have a Small Business Iniative going on right now .

Jim.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login