Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Presoak question

Posted by Steve Munsey 
Presoak question
November 14, 2003 09:27PM
<HTML>What have other found that works good to presoak the front and lower panel areas with before washing? Bug season is over here, but I'm still not sure I have a decent product for other road grime.
Thanks,
SteveM
3rd generation detailer</HTML>
Re: Presoak question
November 14, 2003 09:59PM
<HTML>Ardex makes a product called new clean. It is a low pH non caustic cleaner that is diluted according to need. My local car brite guy also has a product but it is not a car brite product. Same procedure though, mix according to use. NOTE, these are NOT used for degreasing! They might work for that but not as good as other stuff I have and use.
For bugs I use the product mentioned above, spray, let dwell as long as I can without the products drying out, high pressure rinse and repeat only wipe with teflon sponge. For road grime I use a solvent for that purpose. There is little dwell time as the solvent evaporates fast. If it is really bad, I use an adhesive remover since the properties allow the product to dwell without fast evaporation. There is a trick to using a pressure washer I have found, spray at about 40-45 degree angle. Bugs and grime tend to just get washed off.</HTML>
November 15, 2003 01:37AM
<HTML>Steve:

Try Auto Magic's Special Concentrate Cleaner or Stoner's All-Purpose. For heavy grime, use New Car Solvent, aka mineral spirits.

I really want to try CarBrite now that a lot of you guys are using and praise it. Is there a rep around the Delaware Valley?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 15, 2003 01:43AM
<HTML>Brian, if you got to www.carbrite.com , there is a fom you fill in and they will have the nearest local distubitor contact you .

Jim.</HTML>
November 15, 2003 06:51AM
<HTML>My friend who owns 15 automatic carwashes and his own chemical company has developed a pre-spray D-Bug that he uses to spray on the vehicle front ends for bugs and heavy dirt to eliminate having to prep the car before it goes thru the wash.

He runs his conveyors at speeds of 140 to 160 cars per hour and gets an absolutely clean and spotless car.

If anyone is interested in this chemical I can guarantee it works as he uses it no my cars.

No acids; caustics; phosphates; solvents, etc. Meets California's Proposition 65 on chemicals, the most strict law regarding chemicals in the country.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
November 15, 2003 07:42AM
<HTML>Is this just for tunnel washes or it is available for detailers too?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 15, 2003 07:44AM
<HTML>The reason I mentioned it was that we are selling it to the detail industry.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
November 15, 2003 07:51AM
<HTML>Excellent. I asked because I've seen a lot of presoak chemical that have to be applied either in a tunnel wash, pressure washer or a foaming gun.

Is it sold by the gallon or 55 gal drums?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login