Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WESTLEY'S BLEECH WHITE

Posted by Jerry Slater 
WESTLEY'S BLEECH WHITE
November 14, 2003 10:03PM
<HTML>I've read a lot here about cleaning with bleach. I use Bleech White to clean tires with. I'm curious what thoughts anybody has on this product. I have used this for engine degreasing, vinyl top scub, whitewall cleaner, brake dust cleaner. Pretty much, I love this stuff. You must be careful when using it on tires and wheels though. Some wheels it shouldn't be applied to and others take it pretty good. I don't use on wheels all the time, but if brake dust is really bad, this stuff cuts it. It sucks for the lungs.

jer</HTML>
Re: WESTLEY'S BLEECH WHITE
November 15, 2003 01:29AM
<HTML>Jerry:

I don't think they put bleach in Bleech White or do they?

I used Westley's Bleech White when I was a teenager doing my own car but found a supplier and bought commercial use chemicals in large quantities.

Buying by the bottle got expensive.

It's good though. Just keep it away from aluminum or coated wheels.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 15, 2003 03:26PM
<HTML>Westely's Bleech White has been around longer than I have. I remember using it in the 1950's on our 4" white walls.

It was "THE" product for use on white walls in those days. The company was eventually bought by Blue Coral and is still marketed under that name.

It is a good product, but nothing that another company making white wall cleaner could not make.

As Brian states you are better off asking a detail chemical supplier if they have a like product and buy it in bulk rather than retail bottles.

What you "smell" is the caustic, sodium hydroxide which is why you do not want to use this on carpets, etc. I would not use it on wheels either as it is designed to clean white wall tires and could stain the clean coat on wheels or the metal on non-clear coated wheels.

Again, use products for what they were formulated for then you do not have to guess whether it will work or whether is will damage.

Chemical use is really very simple, but too many complicate it.

Do detailers really think they know more than chemists who formulate these products? It sure sounds like it.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
November 16, 2003 02:42AM
<HTML>UH......YEAH!! I do know more!! More than what the manufactures tell me. I'm not a mindless twit who believes all the claims these manufactures are trying to sell me. Maybe not the chemist, but products are not marketed by the chemist. Isn't that why we all read these articles everyday to learn about new products, or products that work on problems other than they are designed? If detailing was as simple as some manufactures make you believe then we would all be out of business. Take for example WD-40. It has a hundred uses. Are they all listed on the bottle? No. Then why not experiment with product for other uses? Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of truth to what you are saying Bud, and I certainly won't use a product that is going to damage the surface I am working with. But, if the product works, there is no damage, and I am saving money, why not?

jer</HTML>
November 16, 2003 03:07AM
<HTML>Jerry:

Never any intent to infer you or anyone on the forum is anything but intelligent about their trade.

While I agree with you in principle I still have to hang on my position because if I agree with you then it would be ok to use Joy to wash your hair; use Joy to wash your car; use Joy to shampoo carpets; use All Purpose Cleaner to shampoo carpets, etc.

WD-40 is not a good example as it is a solvent with silicone and formulated to lubricate and lossen. As a solvent it will take off asphalt and tar, but it is too expensive to do that.

For that matter solvent-based dressing will also take off asphalt but at what cost.

Actually you are not saving money by using one product, you will just use more of it. If you buy engine degreaser; wheel cleaner; pre-soak; carpet shampoo; leather cleaner, etc. You will use alittle of each and have what you need to do the job correctly.

We manufacture chemicals and I am not telling you this to sell chemicals but to inform.

As they say, take what you like and leave the rest.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login