Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

glass between camper shell and truck

Posted by Phil Goode 
glass between camper shell and truck
November 16, 2003 05:06AM
<HTML>Any real time advice on how to clean the glass between a truck and the bed? The space back there is tight and that glass gets dirty as hell but no room to get in and clean.</HTML>
Re: glass between camper shell and truck
November 16, 2003 06:44AM
<HTML>Spray chemical on glass and let it dissolve the dirt...rinse...then wrap a thick microfiber towel around a piece of hard cradboard or wood thats able to fit inbetween and glide it up and down!

Hope that helps...works for me!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 16, 2003 02:43PM
<HTML>Phil, this was asked sometime ago , here is what was posted back then ..

Author: Jerry Slater
Date: 09-17-03 12:38

Your little stick idea is the best for cleaning. As far as drying, I wouldn't worry about it. Just spray some spot free rinse water in there. No spotting. This is the best way that I have found.

jer

Reply To This Message

Re: Truck windows
Author: Bumpers Plus
Date: 09-17-03 19:43

Most of the ones I get, the camper glass is a slider, so I just crawl in the back of the truck and open the slider, and clean the trucks back glass, cleaning the slider is tricky! Unless the cab rear window is a slider. make sense?

thanks to Jerry and Bumpers for the info , please send any money directly to them !

Jim.</HTML>
<HTML>Go to janitoral store and get a small squeege that will do the trick works for me.</HTML>

November 16, 2003 07:22PM
<HTML>These are all great ideas any of which would solve the problem. The thing I thought of was to go to the local pet store and get one of those sponges attached to a plastic rod used to clean the glass on fish tanks. They come in various sizes. Some of them have one side that is a rough textured scrubber (like those green 3M kitchen scrubbers for teflon pots) and the other side is a sponge for cleaning.

I guess you could use the scrubbing side to loosen & remove the dirt then flip it over and use the sponge side to clean. For the final step, just wrap a MF around it to dry.

I haven't had to try this yet, as I haven't had any p/u's with caps on them. Som I don't know how good it will work. It was just my two cents worth.</HTML>
<HTML>That sounds like a good approach Rod!</HTML>
November 17, 2003 12:13AM
<HTML>I will try them all and let ya know. Thanks</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login