Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

glossometer

Posted by Phil Goode 
glossometer
November 16, 2003 05:13AM
<HTML>Now exactly sure if that is what it is called or not but the thing used to messure gloss on a car.
Any ideas where to find one and for what cost.</HTML>
Re: glossometer
November 18, 2003 12:27AM
<HTML>do any of you know what this device is?</HTML>
November 18, 2003 03:33AM
<HTML>Sorry Phil, never heard of it.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 18, 2003 06:18AM
<HTML>A Glossometer is a very scientific instrument that measure reflective gloss off the surface of the car. Probably every detail chemical company; every automotive paint company; certainly every auto manufacturer and some detailers have these instruments.

The best one, actually the only one, I know of comes from Germany and is sold here in the USA.

If you really want one I can get it for you at a nominal cost of $2500.00 plus freight. Sorry about the freight, but that is how it goes.

Let me know how many of them you want. Should have one for a spare.

This was used in the Comparison Test of Paint Sealant and Waxes.

Regards
Bud Abraham

PS Only joking with you Phil.</HTML>

buda
November 19, 2003 04:21AM
<HTML>No really how much are they?</HTML>
November 19, 2003 05:32AM
<HTML>REALLY.......................they are $2500 each, plus freight. As I said, how many do you want?

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
November 19, 2003 06:46AM
<HTML>LOL, Phil!!! Reminds of the time I took a panel from an RV to a local paint supplier to get them to match the color and mix some paint for me. The guy brings out this gadget called a prophet. It's about the size of a brick and he puts it on the panel and it has a spectrometer in it and it reads the color of the paint. He plugs it the thing into his computer and asks how much paint I want & puts that into the computer and it prints out the formula and they mix the paint for me. I asked him how much for the prophet because you can set it up so it prints out the formula without the computer interface and he said that just for the prophet, it was $14,000 and if I wanted one, he could have the rep contact me, lol. Talk about some overhead, eh?</HTML>
November 19, 2003 01:54PM
<HTML>At that price why don't you send me a dozen or so?
The idea WAS to messure the gloss of the paint before detail and then after detail and give this reading to the client as sort of a token or certificate of shine. However, I'd have to detail a couple cars ar Brians rate to recoupe the cost. Some ideas turn out to be fancy dreams. Put this idea on "things to do AFTER the lottery" list.</HTML>
November 20, 2003 03:16PM
<HTML>Type in glossmeter not "glossometer" on ebay and everyonce in awhile you will see them for about $300-$500 used. Here is a link to one that recently ended.

[cgi.ebay.com];

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login