Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone in the Washington DC Metro Area?

Posted by Gene 
Anyone in the Washington DC Metro Area?
November 19, 2003 01:51PM
<HTML>Hello everyone, and thank you all for the education you've provided me. I'm not a professional detailer, but just enjoy keeping my cars clean so I've been lurking for several months. But now I need some help finding a great detailer in the Washington DC metro area.

Last weekend I left my tan Grand Marquis with a hotel valet and it came back with white paint and scratches on the bumper. They took credit for it since it is immaculate and was inspected on check in, and I filed a claim with their head office, but I need to repair the damage.

The scratches are not too bad - in fact, I missed them first time around - and there's not too much foreign paint on the bumper (which is plastic, by the way). I think they can be buffed out. My first inclination is to find a real good detailer.

1. Do any forum members work in the Washington DC area (I live in PG county) or do you have any local contacts who could do this?

2. If I can't find one, what are your recommendations for a buffing compound? This is a two-year old car, always garaged, no scratches or swirls, in pristine condition. I keep it clayed and sealed with Zaino (now Diamond Plus) and don't even put it away wet if I can help it. It's never been buffed and I don't own a Porter-Cable, but I'm willing to laboriously polish by hand if necessary.

Thanks for your help, all! gene</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login