Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wake Up, success or failure...our choice

Posted by ron dibling 
Wake Up, success or failure...our choice
November 23, 2003 02:47PM
<HTML>Hello to all, I have been in the Mobile Detailing business, and reading/ posting on this and numerous other detailng forums for several years. Over all I have found this forum to be the most open and offers the most learning opportunities if one reads and heeds the advice given and the ideas shared. This is my opinion and my opinion only therefore you can choose to ignore if you want. Though it is important to learn about the various products available and the methods of application......those are not the only important factors in having a successful business. Several threads have appeared lately that I feel would be of great benefit to all in developing a really professional and lucrative business yet they seem to be ignored by most. Examples: "Who is your best customer?", "What expenses in hourly rate"? and most recently "engine cleaning and the EPA". I simply ask....... Why there is so little participation? and would urge those of you who want to learn and grow in this business to please participate. I am sure that I and others would learn much from and appreciate your input. My point being that lets please not limit ourselves in the sharing of techniques and ideas on this forum to only chemicals and detailing techniques but also include the "business end" of our profession so we can all continue to learn, grow and become more efficient and professional in all aspects of this business. Thanks, Ron</HTML>
Re: Wake Up, success or failure...our choice
November 23, 2003 09:20PM
<HTML>Ron:

AGain, a wonderful and thoughtful posting by a detailer. I hope that others heed your suggest and begin to dialogue on these subjects.

I think most do not because they are unfamiliar with what to say and do not want to seem unknowledgeable about these subjects.

The technician always gravitates to technical things because they do not understand the other things. And, according to Michael Gerber that is why so many technicians fail in business because they try to solve "business problems" with technical solutions.

For those of you who feel you don't understand the "business of detailing" I urge you to go to www.amazon.com and buy The E Myth- Revisited by Michael Gerber.

If you buy it and do not think it was worth the investment send it to me with an invoice and I will give you a credit on detailing supplies from our product line.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained or lost.

bud abraham</HTML>

buda
November 24, 2003 01:26AM
<HTML>i agree 100% another great post!!!! this message board is the best out there!!!!please continue focusing on the business side of detailing. thanks!!!!!</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
November 24, 2003 01:29AM
<HTML>Ron:

I agree with you. There is only so much on the business end that we can talk about. I feel there was great participation in "Who's Your Best Customer." And also, Bud's post on how raising prices give greater standards to the detailing industry. Since I raised my prices recently, I have increase revenue dramatically and haven't lost a customer due to the increase.

We covered insurance, liabilty and hourly configurations. Maybe we should start to talk about the ever dreaded taxes coming up.

I thought I knew basically everything when it came to techniques but since participating on this forum, I learned much more.

If you think about it, we probably shouldn't talk much on the business side of things because if we were smart WE SHOULD ALL HAVE A BUSINESS PLAN! :-) kidding

I'll speak on the business end of the industry with whomever wishes. Hopefully I can enlighten as well as learn.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login