Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Venting Exhaust fumes

Posted by turbomangt 
Venting Exhaust fumes
November 25, 2003 01:13PM
<HTML>I have been trying to figure out how to vent out the exhaust on my gas power washer for the last few weeks. Nothing was working. I hate Chicago weather. I bought a product called "Flex hose" supposed to hold up to temps of 1500-2000 degrees. This is what they use for car exhaust, to vent outside. Here was that problem. The engine is up front, exhaust is in back, the heat generated by the tail pipe is much less than near the engine. Guess what happened when I hooked up the flex hose right on the exhaust port on the power washer? Can you smell rubber? so I put a galvenized pipe on the exhuast, then attached the flex hose. It was better, but the heat still transfers to the pipe. Is their anything I can use to reduce or create a barrier to protect the flex hose from extreme temps? Thanks Gary</HTML>

&quot;Clean cars drive better&quot; www.perfectautofinish.com
Re: Venting Exhaust fumes
November 26, 2003 12:41AM
<HTML>Gary, I am NOT trying to be a smart alec, but could you put your washer outside, and just run the wand and hose under the door? I know it may be a hassle, but would help with the fumes and NOISE.</HTML>
Re: Venting Exhaust fumes
November 26, 2003 02:16AM
<HTML>I hear ya, but Chicago is like Antarica when the wind blows. It would be a hassle having to open and close the door. I think I figured it out. will test it tomorrow. G</HTML>

&quot;Clean cars drive better&quot; www.perfectautofinish.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login