Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Job for a Professional or?

Posted by L. Anders 
Job for a Professional or?
June 09, 2005 09:15AM
<HTML>I have an '80 Mustang...the car is in excellent condition. What steps should I perform to enhance the shine to the paint...or is this a job only for a professional? The color is Poppy orange...original color.

Also, can the trim be restored to black; referring to the grille? Steps to restore.

Thank You</HTML>
Dan
Re: Job for a Professional or?
June 10, 2005 03:04PM
<HTML>Try this, clay bar, polishing, then waxing. Spend more time with the clay bar and polishing rather than waxing. After those steps a light coat of wax will do just right.

For your trim, look into the SEM paints. Of course you will need to buy masking tape and the appropriate paper to protect from overspray, or you can remove the part from the vehicle. Try to spend more time preparing the surface for paint(removing grease, dirt, silicone, etc..) than actual painting. Good luck with your project!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
June 11, 2005 11:25PM
<HTML>Contrary to Dan's advise I would recommend you take a classic car like this to a competent professional detailer and have them do what you want and what is needed, depending on the paint condition.

Then, if you want to maintain it yourself I would put a coat of paint sealant on it every week, or two weeks at least. You will never had any problem following this process.

That is, of course, if the car is not exposed to extraordinary conditions that could effect the finish.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
June 09, 2009 01:42AM
A better answer for a car in excellent condition would be 1) Clay if necessary 2) Apply a light polish or Zaino AIO with an orbital polisher. 3) Apply Z-2 Pro.
Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login