Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

crayon melt

Posted by colonial car care 
crayon melt
December 16, 2003 08:16PM
<HTML> coustmer has melted crayon in back window dash. got most out with citrus all purpose cleaner from malco. anything better out there we might try thanks!!!!</HTML>
Re: crayon melt
December 16, 2003 09:30PM
<HTML>Can you still feel wax from the crayon in the fabric? If so, try dampening a cloth with wax & grease remover and lightly rubbing the spot. You may have to settle for just fading the dye left by the crayon to a less noticable spot.</HTML>

-ghost of a past detailer
December 16, 2003 11:14PM
<HTML>I freeze it ,cut it then laquer thinner or use a portable steam machine that shoots out 210 degree heat at 62 psi with D-lim cleaner they now make shoulder carrying size for 50.00 at Lowes that is great for all the little problems like you described,its made by Eureka!</HTML>
December 17, 2003 12:12AM
<HTML>I'll second that recommendation for one of those small steamers.

We've got one in the shop and it's just amazing all the things you can use it for. We've removed melted candy, HEAVY grease stains, vinyl lettering, and it's also great for getting into tight spots when cleaning door jambs and engine compartments.</HTML>
December 17, 2003 03:07AM
<HTML>10 4 and Amen,if you ever try the Amerivap type commercial duty you will be forever lost when it breaks.</HTML>
December 17, 2003 07:02AM
<HTML>There are stain removers especially formulated for removing crayon. Since it is petroleum based you need to use a cleaner with a strong solvent base in it. But again, use the stain remover designed for such a problem rather than experimenting and trying to find what works. It takes too much time and might even cause damage.

Just a few well intentioned thoughts.

Bud abraham</HTML>

buda
December 17, 2003 11:50AM
<HTML>thanks for the ideas, i'm headed for lowes</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login