Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

UNDER-CARRIAGE CLEANING/WASHING

Posted by Bud Abraham 
UNDER-CARRIAGE CLEANING/WASHING
January 01, 2004 09:30PM
<HTML>How many of you detailers do any under-carriage cleaning or washing?

How many of you get a lot of requests for this service?

For those who do it, how do you do it?

For those who do not, why not?

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A PORTABLE DEVICE THAT CONNECTS TO A PRESSURE WASHER HOSE?

The device looks like a floor jack with wheels and can be moved around underneath the car shooting the high pressure water on to the undercarriage.

Marketed this device a few years ago and got no response. Much like we got no response on the Water Containment Mat a few years ago too.

Let me know your opinions

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Re: UNDER-CARRIAGE CLEANING/WASHING
January 02, 2004 02:17AM
<HTML>Great idea! especially since it is attached to preassure hose.

I get quite a few requests for undercarriage wash and detailing, and have been declining most as it is quite tedious to move our portable lift and suit up like a miner to scrub an undercarriage.

It could be a good opportunity to upsell on our hand washes and detailing.

So how much does it cost?</HTML>
January 02, 2004 02:18AM
<HTML>Great idea! especially since it is attached to preassure hose.

I get quite a few requests for undercarriage wash and detailing, and have been declining most as it is quite tedious to move our portable lift and suit up like a miner to scrub an undercarriage.

It could be a good opportunity to upsell on our hand washes and detailing.

So how much does it cost?</HTML>
January 02, 2004 03:21AM
<HTML>Thanks for the reply. At this point I do not have a price but will have to see what are manufacturing costs will be as we have not made them in about 5 years.

In the past I think they were less than $300.

Keep in touch and when we put something together on them I will let you know.

Best Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
January 02, 2004 03:53PM
<HTML>Bud, I found this a very interesting idea. Though I have had few requests for such I have recognised the need. Definitely an upsale and another point to educate our customers on therefore showing we care about their vehicles. Salt and other chemicals used on our roadways during winter; mud, etc from off roading and farn vehicles; and those that live in ocean localities where salt spray is a continuous problem. All of these contribute to the early demise of a vehicle and early replacement of various undercarriage parts. If the price can be kept in the $300.00 range and was easy to use it would be a valuable tool to most every serious and professional detailer. Keep us posted. Thanks, Ron</HTML>
January 02, 2004 04:09PM
<HTML>UNDER CARRIAGE WASHER

I will keep you posted if we can put this back together at a reasonable price. A few years ago it was ignored by detailers now it seems to be of interest.

Regards
bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
<HTML>Dear Bud, this is Brandy again I liked your idea on this under carrage thing. do you think some sort of high pressure lance type tubing with a pressure washer handle, kinda " T " shaped with 4-6 spray tips that come with some of the powerwashers that are on the market , say 30 deg to 40 deg spray pattern with dolley wells that you could push from the front toward the back, then reverse order to get the length of the vehical. The Refinery where I'm getting ready to retire from, we Hi-Pressure Wash Process Equiptment everyday 7 days a week, year in and year out, to maintain. I have worked in years past extensively with different pieces of jetting equiptment. It sounds like a good Idea. E-Mail Me, we may get together and discuss, or you already may have developed something for a patent yourself. I don't want any part of equiptment building this stage of my life, I just want to do, what I want to, when I want to,and start that after I get the Over-The Hill Gang at Hardees lined out at 5:30-7:30 am . I can get you some very,very good machine work done for free before retiring. Brandy</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login